Skip to main content

Drivers leg room

• Fred R
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
30 Oct 2007 02:51 #8538 by Fred R
Replied by Fred R on topic Drivers leg room
Thanks Jim I appreciate the info. Will let you know what happens. Fred

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
30 Oct 2007 01:08 #8536 by
Replied by on topic Drivers leg room
Hi Fred,

It's not difficult to move the seats back on a sedan. I moved the front seat back about 2" in my Westchester and it made it much more comforable driving, sepecially for long distances.

It's easy to do and should only take a couple of hours (taking your time).
1. Remove the front seat cushion - it lifts out.
2. Remove the 4 screws (it may be six, I don't remember) holding the seat frame to the slide rails.
3. Remove the six bolts that hold the slide rails to the body.
4. Marks and drill new mounting holes about 2" back.
5. Reassemble the front seat.
6. Enjoy driving the Cord comfortably.

I know...it always sounds a lot easier then it is but it doesn't take too long and it shouldn't be too bad of a job.

Let us know if you get the Cord and how you make out with it.

Jim

• Fred R
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
29 Oct 2007 19:52 #8529 by Fred R
Drivers leg room was created by Fred R
I am a new member and have a question concerning the 810 and 812 sedans. I am currently shopping for a car and have found one locally. When I went to sit in the drivers seat it was a tight fit (the seat was moved back as far as it would go). I am 6 foot 2 and over 200 pounds and I could hardly get my legs under the steering wheel and work the peddles. I know that we Americans have gotten bigger over the past couple of decades and am wondering if this car was designed for a much smaller person. I am also wondering if the front seat could easily be moved backward to accommodate my long legs. I would hate to give up on owning a Cord simply because it didn't come in my size. Any help with this would be appreciated. Fred