Skip to main content

Fuel Regulator

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
26 Oct 2007 13:56 #8511 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic Fuel Regulator
My Cord runs nicely on 2.5 #. But I would like to know more about Bill's neoprene seat, and how much pressure it will resist.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Hal Klassen
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
25 Oct 2007 16:23 #8504 by Hal Klassen
Replied by Hal Klassen on topic Fuel Regulator
Hi Randy, I purchased the regulator over 30 years ago, and I have no idea where [I can barely remember 30 min. ago] Go to JC Whitney on line item # ZX277507 EMPI Fuel Pressure Reg. $26.99 2-5 pounds output. You will need 2 adapters as well. I think the slight weeping is hard to avoid because of heat sink after shut down and the low boiling point of modern gasoline. Good luck, Hal

• Randy in Portland
  • Registered
More
25 Oct 2007 13:25 #8502 by Randy in Portland
Replied by Randy in Portland on topic Fuel Regulator
Hi-
I read your post regarding fuel delivery. I have an issue with my car. It has a Carter electric pump and I believe it is delivering too much pressure to the carburetor. I can see small amounts of seepage at the carb and it seems to flood easily. In checking the Carter pump website, it is producing 6.5 psi. I understand the car prefers 4.5. Did you get a regulator, does it work, and will you tell me type, brand and source so I can try one? Thank you.

Randy Emery at <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

First Round, First Minute....Muhammad Ali

• AceCollins
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
20 Sep 2007 18:00 #8082 by AceCollins
Replied by AceCollins on topic Fuel Regulator
Hal, thanks as always. How are things in Canada? I will shoot you pics of the car when it comes home tomorrow or early next week. I think you will approve of what we have done.

1934 Auburn 652Y Four-Door Sedan
1936 Cord 810 Westchester

• Hal Klassen
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
20 Sep 2007 17:47 #8081 by Hal Klassen
Replied by Hal Klassen on topic Fuel Regulator
Hi Ace, the aluminum device in the fuel line [down low] is a pressure regulator. The car is looking fabulous.
Ace's car has a 36 engine with a supercharger cam with no lobe for the stock fuel pump [ask me how I know]
Hal Klassen

• bill powell
  • Visitor
20 Sep 2007 10:49 #8079 by bill powell
Replied by bill powell on topic Fuel Regulator
Most of the fuel pressure regulators have an instruction sheet in the package. Put it in an area where it is accessible in case you need to change the pressure. You cut out a section of fuel line big enough for the regulator and a couple of short hoses. An arrow on the regulator will tell you which way to put it, for correct flow.

I think I would go. instead, with a needle and seat that is available that will stop any reasonable pressure. I've used them on V-16 Cadillacs with the gravity feed carburetors with an electric pump. Instead of a tapered needle it uses a neoprene seat, with a knife end needle.

• AceCollins
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
20 Sep 2007 02:32 #8077 by AceCollins
Fuel Regulator was created by AceCollins
We have placed a new 6 volt electric fuel pump on my 810 Westchester. The pump is putting out too much pressure. Do you all use a return line and/or a regulator? If so what kind, what pressure do you set the regulator and how do you set it up.

Thanks,
Ace Collins

1934 Auburn 652Y Four-Door Sedan
1936 Cord 810 Westchester