Skip to main content

New member and Owner questions

• R Coleman
  • Registered
More
28 Sep 2007 14:29 #8191 by R Coleman
Replied by R Coleman on topic New member and Owner questions
Welcome to the club and I share your enthusiasm. Give me a call I am be of help in your restoration. 913-262-0060

Bob
810 2350H
812 31649S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Randy in Portland
  • Registered
More
28 Sep 2007 14:12 #8188 by Randy in Portland
Replied by Randy in Portland on topic New member and Owner questions
Mike-
Your car looks great. I am excited for you.

First Round, First Minute....Muhammad Ali

• Mike Markin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
28 Sep 2007 02:27 #8180 by Mike Markin
Replied by Mike Markin on topic Thanks for the reply
Thanks Jim and Mona. I have pictures posted in the Picture gallery of the project. I am a new member of ACD Club and have begun receiving the publication. At the present time I am gathering an inventory of the parts that I will need. Once the list is completed I plan on some Christmas shopping, so I am looking for those people who have parts.

I will soon attempt to start the engine, which was rebuilt prior to my purchasing the car, but not used to motor the car as of yet. We will see. I am located in Eau Claire, Wisconsin - about 90 miles from Minneapolis, MN.

I appreciate any advice as we go and I am willing to share my limited experiences as well.

Mike

• Visitor
27 Sep 2007 22:56 #8173 by
Replied by on topic New member and Owner questions
Congratulations on your project. The Cords are great cars and I have to agree with Mona, there isn't much that beats driving them.

The first thing you need to do is joint the ACD Club. That's where you're going to find a lot of the information you need to restore one of these cars. There are quite a few club members that wheel and deal in the parts as well as several that reproduce a few parts.

The next question is where do you live? There may be a meet nearby that you can get to and meet the owners of other Cords and learn more about them. If you're really luckly there may be someone around that we can hook you up with for advice and moral support.

Good Luck with your project and lets see some photos.

Jim

• Mona Marsh Moreland
  • Registered
More
27 Sep 2007 05:21 #8160 by Mona Marsh Moreland
Replied by Mona Marsh Moreland on topic Cord parts
Congratulations! The Cords are well worth the blood, sweat and tears that go into them. That is in the enjoyment of driving them. They are beautiful "show" pieces but there is nothing like driving one.
Do you have a list of parts needed? I have a S/C Custom Beverly which (incomplete) which I am selling. It is all in parts, some of which I will be selling as units, i.e. the S/C unit and the engine block. Other parts will be sold individually. I am in Oregon. If you are interested and know what you need let me know and I will see what I can do for you. Again, congratulations. And, have patience. It will be worth it when you drive it.
:D

• Mike Markin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
08 Sep 2007 22:39 #7973 by Mike Markin
Replied by Mike Markin on topic Photos
I put links to pictures of the car in the Photo gallery. Not sure if I did it right.

Mike

• Randy in Portland
  • Registered
More
07 Sep 2007 12:58 #7951 by Randy in Portland
Replied by Randy in Portland on topic New member and Owner questions
Mike-
Congratulations on your Cord ownership. The Beverly is beautiful. There is an unwritten law that requires new owners to post images of their cars, regardless of condition.

This site is a great resource for your needs. I am only one year into Cords, but the collective knowledge of the long term members is second to none.

First Round, First Minute....Muhammad Ali

• Mike Markin
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
07 Sep 2007 02:09 #7943 by Mike Markin
New member and Owner questions was created by Mike Markin
I have purchased a 37 812 Beverly -FB2600. I am beginning to restore this car and it is my first Cord. Neat Car. I am building a list of needed parts and am wondering who I can contact for many parts. I see there is a company advertising from Wichita. Are there others I should consider as well? Thanks