NAKED CORD FENCE

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
29 Jun 2007 13:41 #7342 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Missing Bar
Thanks for the info. I am going over today to take the fence off my Custom Beverly. I will look at the bar and see if it can be transplanted.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
29 Jun 2007 06:20 #7340 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Your fence
Bill,
In looking at your pictures I noted that you where missing the cross bar that goes between the hood latch plates. This gets removed by a number of Cord owners but does helps to tie the fence together.

• Don C. Loux
  • Visitor
28 Jun 2007 07:20 #7336 by Don C. Loux
Replied by Don C. Loux on topic NAKED CORD FENCE
Hi Bill. From what I can see, your fence looks pretty good. Apparently, the s/s louver trim was in pretty good shape to leave it on. Lucky you! A-C parts lists the full package in their current catalog. However, I have heard from 2 sources that that is not the case in reality. Don't know if its a temporary problem or what. I wont say this too loud, but those of us in the reproduction market have a source that looks like the real thing up to about 12" away, and even than you can't tell the difference. A bit shinier because its chrome tape with a 3/16 bead. I have a non-S/C fence that needs bead blasting. Think I'll use it on the next car I build. What would your say to a non-S/C version with rumble seat and inside the wheel well, flat skirts? I have done it to my model Cord and it looks impressive to say the least. May have to play with the rims a bit to get the hub caps inside the skirts. We'll see.

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
27 Jun 2007 23:16 #7332 by Bill Hummel
NAKED CORD FENCE was created by Bill Hummel
Here is my Cord 810 Fence after being SODA BLASTED. Apparently someone had media blasted them in the past. Oh well. They are still pretty smooth.

Right after I took these photos I washed off the pieces then dried them. I am currently in the process of taping off the stainless steel trim.

Fence will be painted within 48 hours.

Please look at the last photo. My stainless steel trim is all bunged up. Does anyone sell a replacement rounded piece?

Never mind. I just remembered that I have a Custom Beverly that will be happy to donate that part.