Skip to main content

Calling all experts to see if this carb is correct factory..

• MICHAEL S SMITH
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
19 Jun 2007 01:51 #7246 by MICHAEL S SMITH
Replied by MICHAEL S SMITH on topic cord carb
RANDY,

IN MY EXPERIENCE, 4 OR 5 POUNDS PRESSURE IS ALL YON NEED, IF YOUR PUMP PUTS OUT MORE THAN THAT, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET A CHECK VALVE TO LIMIT PRESSURE AT NAPA ETC.
IF THE CARB IS OVERFLOWING GAS ALL IT IS IS THAT EITHER THE FLOAT IS LEAKING, THE NEEDLE VALVE IS CLOGGED WITH DIRT, OR THE PUMP IS PUTTING OUT ENOUGH PRESSURE TO OVERPOWER FLOAT/ NEEDLE VALVE.
UNLESS YOUR CAR HAS HAD MANUAL FUEL PUMP COMPLETELY REMOVED THE ONLY TIME YOU WOULD NEED ELECTRIC PUMP IS DURING REALLY HOT CONDITIONS IF YOU OCCASIONALLY HAVE VAPOR LOCK.
IF YOUR MANUAL PUMP IS NOT WORKING CORRECTLY, I WOULD RECOMEND REBIULDING IT, SO YOU ONLY HAVE TO USE ELECRIC BACKUP FOR VAPOR LOCK CONDITIONS, OTHERWISE IF ELECTIRIC FAILS YOU ARE SCREWED.
I DOUBT YOU WILL HAVE TO REBUILD YOUR CARB AT ALL AS LONG AS THE GASKETS ARE DECENT ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS OPEN FLOAT BOWL, REMOVE FLOAT AND SHAKE TO SEE IF THERE IS ANY GAS IN IT, IF THERE IS FIND SOURCE OF LEAK, REMOVE GAS , AND SOLDIER TO RESTORE INTEGRITY.
MANY, MANY TIMES IT IS JUST A PARTICLE OF DIRT KEEPING NEEDLE VALVE FROM SEATING CORRECTLY.
HOPE THIS HELPS.

MICHAEL S SMITH ACD LIFE MEMBER #40
851 auburn phaeton
851 auburn sedan
810 cord westchester
812 cord phaeton(ex Tressler Swiss)
812 cord custom s/c beverly
812 cord s/c cabriolet
812 cord s/c beverly
80 866 speedster (pray factory built)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
19 Jun 2007 01:17 #7245 by
Hi Randy,

I'm no expert, but the carb looks right for the EE-15. However there are several carbs that are very close. If you look at the bottom flange of the carb on the rear side (right in front of the oil fill pipe) there will be a designation cast into the base. This should settle your question.

Jim

• Randy in Portland
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
19 Jun 2007 00:49 #7244 by Randy in Portland
Hello, my car is loading itself with excessive amounts of fuel. The outside of the bowl is getting wet and I think the carb needs rebuilding. It is equipped with an electric fuel pump. Could the pump be forcing too much fuel? Prior to me ordering the rebuild kit, I took a few images and would like someone to tell me if this is the correct carb to order parts for. Thank you for your time.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/ ... arbTwo.jpg [/IMG][img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/PortlandRider/cordcarbone.jpg[/img][/img][img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v660/PortlandRider/CordCarbThree.jpg[/img][/img][img][img][/img]

First Round, First Minute....Muhammad Ali