Skip to main content

CORD DASH

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
28 Mar 2007 14:28 #6704 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic DASH
This particular dash, I did. At the time, I did not know that other members were making them.

To make this one, I copied a Cord sedan dash into AutoCAD. Then it was cut out of solid brass. After that I had it nickel-plated. From there it went to Glenn Pray who engine-turned it. The dash then came back to Dallas where I had it flash-chromed, just enough to seal in the nickel.

Problems? It wouldn't fit over the gauges after the nickel and chrome plating. I had to go back and enlarge the holes. I used it for a year and a half.

Pretty but expensive, I had $500 into it when finished.

Then I found out that one of Glenn's associates, Felix DeGuyter in Broken Arrow, OK was making them.... for half the price! $250.00 I believe he starts off with big sheets of the engine-turned material, then uses a water-jet to cut them out. I am currently using one of his.

My original dash was very slightly shiny. Lot's of bling bling. The California guys love it. The second one is more correct looking and a little thinner. Fits better on the dash.

If you call Felix, make sure you specify sedan or open car! You don't want those extra holes for the windshield crank knobs!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mark Tomei
  • Registered
More
28 Mar 2007 05:44 #6703 by Mark Tomei
Replied by Mark Tomei on topic Dash in Picture
The engine turned dash shown; was it redone by a company? Member? New? It appears to be a nice piece.

Mark

• Bill Hummel
  • Registered
More
27 Mar 2007 23:26 #6699 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic NEW ADDRESS FOR THE CLOCK DOC
Here is a new address and phone number I found during a Google search:

Clock Doc
Bill Russell
P.O. Box 820
10 West Main Street
Monteagle, TN 37356

931-924-8888 Info
800-256-5362 Orders
931-924-8890 FAX

<a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]

CLICK HERE FOR A MAP

• Mark Tomei
  • Registered
More
27 Mar 2007 21:26 #6698 by Mark Tomei
Replied by Mark Tomei on topic Contact Information For &quot;Clock Doc&quot;?
I tried contacting this fellow at both the AOL address as well as the toll-free number without success. Any ideas? Thanks!

Mark

• Modelfritz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
26 Mar 2007 04:33 #6685 by Modelfritz
Replied by Modelfritz on topic The wonderful pictures
Thank you sooo much for the wonderful pictures. The detail is great. Imagine for a moment, How I am going to put a reverse image on tiny glass circles about the size of the 'O' on the keyboard and insert them into the chromed plastic dash thet comes with my kit! I will use my university lab microscope, on lowest power, and I promise you that you will all see the result on this forum. I think you'll be favorably surprised, how neat it will look. I plan to have the best Cord model in the world. I will take no chances, and have it professionally painted. I am hand crafting glass for all the glass in the car. and I am even attempting to create leather seats. It will be quite a while before I can assemble VERY CAREFULLY. Mr Hummel, I thank you very much, Manfred :D

• Bill Hummel
  • Registered
More
23 Mar 2007 16:06 #6654 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic GAUGE PICTURES
Here are some closeups of restored gauges. This may help you as you create your model.

www.cordhaven.com/images/Gauges/default.htm

• Modelfritz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
22 Mar 2007 05:31 #6639 by Modelfritz
How many was created by Modelfritz
How many of these beautiful cars are out there still. I'm a newbie, so forgive my ignorance, but assuedly, I'm not ignorant of rare beauty! You fun guys must surely all stay in touch, or at least most of you. Is that the case? The shot of the dash is the best one I've seen yet. As per my request, I would like a shot of the dash to fill my whole screen, so I can peruse all the fine detail, because my 1:24 model will be done much finer than the dashplate they give you in the kit. I'm going to use a microscope to detail it, with real glass covers. Cheers, Manfred Range :D :D