Skip to main content

cord windshield frame for cabriolet

• peter812
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
23 Jul 2007 00:49 #7560 by peter812
Replied by peter812 on topic cord windshield frame for cabriolet
If you are still looking, I have a brass/bronze casting that was not used, because the pot metal original was fixed up. It needs some modification at the top, where the slots should be for the top channels.

Peter Humphrey 845-351-5678

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• peter812
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
25 Mar 2007 14:22 #6676 by peter812
Replied by peter812 on topic cord windshield frame for cabriolet
I have a brass casting that I got for my car, but was never used. The tops of the posts are not right, but could be corrected. Call at 845-351-5678.

• bob himphill
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
19 Mar 2007 04:56 #6604 by bob himphill
Replied by bob himphill on topic Re: windshield frames

ETHAN ALLEN TURNER wrote: Hi Bob,
Your post about the windshield frames for the cabriolet, let me ask you is it cast bronze or pot metal. If bronze the frames were fitted to each car independently, them it went to the plating shop given a stamped number for that car it was fitted to (I remember my phaeton 2167H had a number stamped to each part of the windshield, so after plated it could be returned to that particular car. If however you have the pot metal version the parts should inter change. The cowl of the Cord should need some work, as the factory used a ton of lead to make things fit.
I to have a pot metal windshield missing the drivers side.

Sorry it takes a long time for me to answer. The windshield has no factory numbers. the driver side is aluminum and the center piece and the passenger side is pot medal. The first time I saw this car the drivers side appear tobe too long and it did not look right. The car as been apart for over 19 years. This is a 36 that was renumber 37 . It is a very early 36 as the oil and water filler is still on the cowling and the fire wall has a patch on it. I am putting this car for another person. I have three westchester myself, so working on this cord is fun for me. It starting to look good but the glass man will have the final saying if glass can be itstall in it, if not well I will cross the bridge when I get to it. I have over 300 hours trying to make this thing fit. The glass were destroy so I have no measurement, as I think standart cord measurement will now work. I did lot of grinding on the edge right where the door meets the cowling.

• E L
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
13 Mar 2007 01:07 #6560 by E L
Replied by E L on topic cord windshield frame for cabriolet
I have a three piece pot metal that will need some work. Chrome has been stripped. 248 557 3850 days

• ETHAN ALLEN TURNER
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
12 Mar 2007 19:31 #6558 by ETHAN ALLEN TURNER
Replied by ETHAN ALLEN TURNER on topic windshield frames
Hi Bob,
Your post about the windshield frames for the cabriolet, let me ask you is it cast bronze or pot metal. If bronze the frames were fitted to each car independently, them it went to the plating shop given a stamped number for that car it was fitted to (I remember my phaeton 2167H had a number stamped to each part of the windshield, so after plated it could be returned to that particular car. If however you have the pot metal version the parts should inter change. The cowl of the Cord should need some work, as the factory used a ton of lead to make things fit.
I to have a pot metal windshield missing the drivers side.

LIFE MEMBER #25 Man of the Year 2011 WHAT EVER WE DO FOR OURSELF DIES WITH US
WHAT EVER WE DO FOR THE WORLD STAYS
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• bob himphill
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
12 Mar 2007 03:34 #6551 by bob himphill
cord windshield frame for cabriolet was created by bob himphill
Does anybody out there have a complete windshield frame, and not one from three different cars. I am think of buying one, as I have proplems with the one I have. The drivers side appear to be from a different car, and it dose not fit right. I also would be interesting if it has glass.