Skip to main content

fuel tank supply line

• alhoyle
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
28 Nov 2006 21:19 #5859 by alhoyle
Replied by alhoyle on topic fuel tank supply line
Thanks, both of you. I'll try tightening the flare nut and see if that fixes the problem.
Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pat Leahy
  • Registered
More
28 Nov 2006 16:54 #5856 by Pat Leahy
Replied by Pat Leahy on topic Cord Fuel Pickup
I had trouble with my car and found on the Can-Am meet this summer and my copper fuel line was loose going into the top of the tank. It would stall and have trouble restarting. I was able to take the cover off in the trunk and reach the the flare fitting connection with a wrench. This solve the problem and we drove the car back home 4 hours without a problem. My inline pump was mounted just over the axle.

Pat Leahy

• sharknose1
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
27 Nov 2006 22:55 #5845 by sharknose1
Replied by sharknose1 on topic fuel tank supply line
Hello Al, I just finished repairing a gas tank and the pickup tube is copper.You could have some debris on the tank bottom however the pickup tube is 1/4" or so off the bottom,I guess to prevent such a thing from happening.Good luck.Brian

• alhoyle
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
27 Nov 2006 19:30 #5842 by alhoyle
fuel tank supply line was created by alhoyle
I am having trouble with my '36 cord fuel pump picking up fuel. I have replaced the original pump with an electric, however, it will not pick up the fuel in the tank. I have checked all lines from the tank to the pump and there are no leaks. What type pickup tube is in the tank and is it replaceable? I'm thinking the pickup tube may have deteriorated and is allowing the pump to suck air. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Al