Skip to main content

812 Cord bumper brackets

• mbishop
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
18 Aug 2006 20:10 #5247 by mbishop
Replied by mbishop on topic 812 Cord bumper brackets
Thanks for the reply. Mine were black (on a Geneva Blue Beverly) and in removing the old paint, I found no evidence of a different color. Must not have been the first time they were stripped.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
18 Aug 2006 14:05 #5246 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic 812 Cord bumper brackets
The only colors on the exterior of a stock Cord body are the body color and chrome. (OK, stainless in the case of the grille louver trim.) That means that bumper brackets and fender welting are body color.

Sure, there is an outside possibility that somebody, sometime insisted that their Cool Orchard Green Cord have black bumper bars when delivered. Or, that the factory ran out of that paint color that day and used black. Or that a worker on a Monday morning couldn't tell the difference between black and Geneva Blue. I'd want to see documentation to prove this for any individual car.

The correct stock color for the bars (and the welting) is body color.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• mbishop
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
17 Aug 2006 19:21 #5240 by mbishop
812 Cord bumper brackets was created by mbishop
Time to paint the steel brackets that hold the chrome bumper pieces to the car. Should these brackets be painted black or should they be the same color as the car? I've seen them both ways, and can't recall reading any discussions about which was correct. Would they have been painted separately and then attached to the car, or were they installed prior to painting? Did they come painted either way from the factory?