Skip to main content

CORD WHEEL COLORS

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
14 Nov 2005 16:59 #3952 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Interior dash colors
I am new at this so hopefully Josh Malks, or Jim O'brien or Brad Waken will jump in and clarify this.

I too, am getting ready to change the color of my dash and I don't want to mess this up. My dash is currently black and with a tan interior I think mine should be a light tan to match it.

Tan may not have been a legal color with black, but I am not going to have my Cabriolet judged, so it won't make a difference.

The best looking Cords in the big Borgeson E. L. CORD book are black with tan tops and tan interiors, so someone must have thought it was OK.

[i:22vecgel]Speaking of tan interiors, what is the condition of your leather? What are you going to do with it? Don't thow it out. Maybe we can do a transplant. We may want to keep that interior in the Cord family![/i:22vecgel]

Thanks for the nice words about my Cabriolet. But it is all smoke and mirrors. I get depressed sometimes when I realize just how much I have to do to correct my cars problems. It LOOKS nice, but you have to stay 20 feet back. The wheels and the interior will be fixed before I bring it back to Auburn again.

I am going to call my cousin Chris and ask him about the convertible coupe. He may very well have owned the vehicle you now have.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dryesandno
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
14 Nov 2005 07:44 #3949 by dryesandno
Replied by dryesandno on topic bill hummel
bill

ok i get it thanks.

but josh malks book says the dash should be light grey no matter what the interior. his appendix V says there are two interior colours, maroon and brown. in both cases his book says the dash should be light grey.

could his book be wrong? i know we are both trying to make sure we get it right. so how do we figure this out.

any more thoughts on the chris cord thing? were you able to access the auction info with my link?

every time i see your car its greaaatttt.

cheers

brent

• dryesandno
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
12 Nov 2005 23:08 #3938 by dryesandno
CORD WHEEL COLORS was created by dryesandno
bill

that is one nice convertible coupe you have. it looks like a beauty. i have been doing some investigation and came up with a little bit different info than your post. in appendix V on page 266 of Josh Malks book on the Cord 810/812 the following factory colours are indicated for a black 1936 convertible coupe:

exterior black
wheels light grey
instrument board light gray
garnish mouldings black
hardware knobs black
steering wheel black
steering wheel post black
remote control unit black
glove box handles black
rugs black
upholstery brown or maroon leather
top material tan wexford top cloth

the colours are the same according to page 267 for a black 1937 convertiblel coupe.

the above differs from your post where you suggest the intrument board should be black and wheels should be black to match the body colour. in my car the instrument board is a sort of greyish maroon and the wheels are black. i don't think i have ever seen one with grey wheels. i wonder how it would look.

also, how do we find out the correct colour grey and the correct maroon or brown interior. i wonder how we can figure out the correct colours. maybe Josh Malks, our moderator, could weigh in on this subject and help us to sort out what is correct. also on whether if we keep the colours we have now, will it affect us on points for judging at ACD or CCCA meets? Josh, any thoughts?

by the way, my interior is in first class condition but it looks more tan than brown or maroon. were you thinking that maybe we could order the hides together in the correct colours or what was on your mind? let me know.

hope you are doing well.

brent