Ebay Seller Alert

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
31 Dec 2023 16:42 #48107 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Ebay Seller Alert
Thanks for the great advice of printing the order screen. Its sad that some "sellers" have a need to cheat others. I feel robbed after being the successful buyer for something only to find out my purchase was not as described. Members on this site know my work in reproduction of several 810 or 812 Cord parts. My promise is if you are not happy please return it for a complete refund. Taking from members in this field will not get you a future sale and your reputation goes in the toilet quickly. 

Gary Parsons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2023 05:30 #48105 by Joel
Replied by Joel on topic Ebay Seller Alert
Too bad you had to go so much work to get your money back, but at least you came out square in the end.
I've had a few issues with buying off of eBay or other websites where I didn't receive what was promised in the ad, then when I went back and looked at the ad it was changed so it no longer provided proof of my claim. Or the quantity that I ordered was altered. I don't know how they do that but some people have a way. I've had this happen on Amazon as well as eBay. So what I do now is anytime I buy something I print the screen (to a PDF) that I am buying off, with my quantity ordered included. So I have a permanent record of what I was actually looking at when I hit the buy button. It has proved helpful on more than one occasion.

Joel Nystrom
1929 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Coupe
[img

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
31 Dec 2023 05:12 #48104 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Ebay Seller Alert
I filed a claim with Ebay and they denied it. Sad part is the way you choose the only select few ways of filing a complaint is terrible. I filed that I did NOT receive the item. My mistake. The seller was able to prove the "package" was delivered. What I SHOULD have filed on was what I got from the seller was not as described in his listing.... So I went further into this and filed a fraudulent charge on my credit card thru a world wide major bank. Every credit card thru a bank is backed up with a merchant bank. You just do NOT play fraud games with a merchant bank. They refunded my funds. I expect the seller to come after me once again but I'm safe from him. He gave me a bad feedback on Ebay calling me a scammer and it was so childish.... My story never changed but his did several times. It took me three requests to get an answer to exactly how many plugs he sold me. Even then he missed the total amount. In the end I should have been more Vigilant and ask EXACTLY how many plugs I was getting. His reason for not opening each individual spark plug box was "they are 90 years old and he did not want to damage the boxes"..... He had not idea what he was selling. Finally I still retain the exact used Amazon shipping box and NOTHING was lost in shipping. The box was taped up by the seller one time. I was the only person to open the box and find 10 missing Champion H10 spark plugs..... I wont be selling ANYTHING on Ebay ever again. At Auburn this year I asked George Arakelian if he was going to start selling again on Ebay., He told me how things have changed and the fees went up so nope.... Not going to resume selling on Ebay.

Gary Parsons

More
31 Dec 2023 03:55 #48103 by Joel
Replied by Joel on topic Ebay Seller Alert
Gary, you can file a report with Ebay, they will refund your money.

Joel Nystrom
1929 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Coupe
[img

• Mike Brady
  • Registered
More
22 Dec 2023 00:21 #48091 by Mike Brady
Replied by Mike Brady on topic Ebay Seller Alert
Good to know. Thanks, Gary

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
21 Dec 2023 18:41 - 22 Dec 2023 00:48 #48090 by 1748 S
Ebay Seller Alert was created by 1748 S
As many of you know I purchase nearly every Champion H10 plug on Ebay. I saw some listed by the seller Cambrian. It listed a box of 10 NOS and 5 free H10 plugs with other variety of spark plugs. I received an empty box of the 10 plugs and one of the free H10 was a well used plug. The seller listed them as all NOS. The box they were shipped in was NOT damaged and taped up nicely even though it was a reused Amazon box. The actual blue Champion box of 10 plugs had one end fall off. But every individual spark plug box still in the larger box was empty. I contacted the seller and he told me to take it up with UPS because they are the shipper and they are responsible for loss. I clearly explained nothing could possibly have fallen out of the well taped shipping Amazon box and I was the first to open said box. After three attempts to get a total count of shipped plugs he finally tells me it was 20. He lied. I received 11 and counting the ten missing the total was 21. He has no idea what he shipped and tells me he didn't want to open each 90 year old box to actually show every spark plug shipped.. I asked for a $50.00 credit or a return address label so I could sent back everything he shipped to me. Nope. He told me someone tried to cheat him like I was doing once before so no refund or returns....In closing buyer beware of cambrian. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM HIM.

Gary Parsons
Last edit: 22 Dec 2023 00:48 by 1748 S.