Skip to main content

Pittsburgh Cord Dealers

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
22 Feb 2022 21:30 #44947 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Pittsburgh Cord Dealers
Gary this is interesting. Can you either Post the pictures again or send me copies? The Factory in Connersville did make a lost of cars to special order.
If you had the money they were happy to take it from you and give you what you wanted. The hard topped coupes are the prime examples.

T cockerell
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
22 Feb 2022 14:55 #44945 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Pittsburgh Cord Dealers
Thanks Terry. The above information is very "telling"... If you WANTED something that was not offered all you needed was $95.00 and it was added to your car. I do realize dealers also added "things" like spotlights. But I'm still wondering who and how my Beverly ended up with an electric solenoid spring assisted trunk opener. It was done so well you could not tell is was never the standard trunk locks. The bodywork was done very well. I posted up several pictures when I found it had the holes drilled in the trunk. But every after sanding off all the paint I could not find the holes. I had to look inside and finally found a piece of brass shim stock that had been soldiered to the inside and then covered in undercoating. I still continue to believe this was either factory done or a dealer added item at cost...

Gary Parsons

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
22 Feb 2022 08:10 - 22 Feb 2022 08:11 #44943 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Pittsburgh Cord Dealers
John I can't help with any specific information regarding the Pittsburgh area however a page from Dan Post's Cord Book sets out where most of the Cords were sold. There was an agency in Philadelphia by the name of Teefy Seltz.
Hopefully more information will be found.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Feb 2022 08:11 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding pictures

• John Meredith
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
21 Feb 2022 13:09 #44930 by John Meredith
Pittsburgh Cord Dealers was created by John Meredith
Is there a list of Cord Dealers that were in the Pittsburgh area? Importantly, is the a list of Cord 812's sold in the Pittsburgh area to whom they were sold? I am pretty certain that the Cord Berline I recently purchase was sold in Pittsburgh, but still uncertain if D A Foley was the first owner and bought the Cord new. Any help is appreciated.

CORDially,

John Meredith