Skip to main content

Wondering where a 37 Cord went that I once saw from Woodstock Ontario

• waynecadman
  • Registered
More
28 Feb 2022 18:48 #44968 by waynecadman
Davey, my name is Wayne Cadman and I owned the 1936 810 phaeton that you speak of and I can provide all the info. you need.
Text me at 519 983 6600.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Davey
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
21 Feb 2022 22:12 #44935 by Davey
Thanks for looking. It must be out there still somewhere. All of his cars were keepers.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
21 Feb 2022 21:39 #44933 by mikespeed35
Went through Jim Brockman's photos and could find no reference to a Mr. Dart.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
21 Feb 2022 07:47 #44928 by Terry Cockerell
Seeing Woodstock is not that far from Toronto I figured it may have come from there originally. Good luck with your search.

T cockerell

• Davey
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
19 Feb 2022 23:53 #44923 by Davey

• Davey
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
19 Feb 2022 23:45 #44922 by Davey
The car that Mr Dart had was a convertible. Have no idea where he originally purchased it.

• pete kelly
  • Registered
More
19 Feb 2022 23:44 #44921 by pete kelly
Hi Davey
I have asked the present owner(or the last owner) to reply to your questions.
John Dart had a Cord phaeton and a J Duesenberg.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Davey

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
19 Feb 2022 22:25 - 19 Feb 2022 23:04 #44920 by Terry Cockerell
Mr Davey you did not say what the body style was however I assume it was a phaeton as it had a red leather interior. Would that be correct?
Attached is a list of the Cords sold by the ACD dealer O'Donnell Mackie in Toronto. The body styles are listed by letters.
A is the Westchester sedan, F is the cabriolet, H is the phaeton and S is the Beverly sedan. It looks like the car could have originally been purchased in Toronto as the colour you mentioned was beige which is pretty close to Palm beach Tan . See Serial No 812 31654 H, the colour is listed as PB Tan ............... which is Palm Beach Tan.
The Cord community has always been a pretty close community in Ontario somebody will know what happened to it.
The attached picture was taken in Willowdale in 1955 my sedan has the dark fenders. It has undergone a complete restoration in the past eight years and is almost finished. We reside in Australia. My Cord's Serial Number is 810 1586 A. Good luck with your search.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 19 Feb 2022 23:04 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding pictures and revising text.

• Davey
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
19 Feb 2022 18:01 #44918 by Davey
Years back in the late 70's there was a man in Woodstock Ontario by the name of John Dart. He used to do work for my dad as a driver from time to time. We once went over to his house and he had in his garage the most interesting cars. I was just a teen at the time but was very keen on cars myself and owned 27 by the time I was 16. In John's garage there was a mid 50's Lincoln convertible with gleaming original paint and the car was under a white cover. In the lower garage (walk out basement) there was a mid 60's Studebaker and a Piper Cub WW2 airplane. Down from the Lincoln was a 37 beige Cord with red leather interior. It was the first one I had ever seen and I was fascinated. The little cranks that opened and closed the headlights still worked smoothly. The car was bought new by John's father and still had it's factory paint on it but age had cracked the paint as well as the red leather interior. I always wondered what happened to it so I found this site and made this post to just put some feelers out there to see if I could find it and perhaps see some pictures of it. My dad who is 89 would be thrilled to see what it looks like now. If anyone knows anything let me know and thanks in advance.