New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Wheel Lugs

More
31 Mar 2021 17:29 #42778 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic Wheel Lugs
My 2 cents that some members may disagree with. When reinstalling, you can’t get the wheel lugs “too tight”. I’ve never used a torque wrench. I have an 18” breaker bar. I then slip over the shaft of the breaker bar a 4’ long length of 1 1/2 copper tubing sl essentially I have a 4’ breaker bar. I tightened the lung nuts evenly until they give me a eeeeeeecccch. sound. They are now tight and in 50 years never had a problem with a wheel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2021 20:57 #42780 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Wheel Lugs

alsancle wrote: Peter Morgan gave me a call and explained what was going on here. I short term fix is that NAPA has lug bolts with a 7/8 head instead of the factory 3/4.

www.napaonline.com/en/p/NDP6411587

Thats actually a great idea from Peter. I may try a couple of these lug nut bolts just to see how they fit.I doubt using these are going to drop us a few points in judging. How would any judge really know these were on a car.

Gary Parsons

More
31 Mar 2021 21:31 #42781 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic Wheel Lugs
The only thing I would check is to make sure the conical taper of new lug bolt is the same as Cord
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• alsancle
  • alsancle's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
01 Apr 2021 00:37 #42782 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Wheel Lugs
I've ordered 5 and I'll see how they work and post pictures.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
01 Apr 2021 04:24 #42784 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Wheel Lugs
Do you carry the breaker bar and 4 foot pipe in the car for when you have a flat? The eeeeccch sound is lug nut talk for STOP.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

• alsancle
  • alsancle's Avatar Topic Author
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
01 Apr 2021 12:18 #42785 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Wheel Lugs
I took them off with my 18V impact gun. Should I be putting them on with a bar instead?

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds