Skip to main content

Diesel Auburns?

• balinwire
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
04 Jul 2007 17:05 #7404 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic Diesel Auburn
Article about the new 1936 Auburn. They mention the diesel was available in one model.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mhaley
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
19 Oct 2004 19:09 #2389 by mhaley
Replied by mhaley on topic Diesel Auburns?
Thanks for the reply Stan, I guess we will never run out of stories about these ACD cars! -Mike

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
15 Oct 2004 21:36 #2368 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Auburn Diesel
Yes, one 6 cylinder diesel Auburn exists. It has been at the Auburn, IN reunion a few years back. I believe that the Cummings Co. or some of it's employees were the owners. These were 1934-35 vintage. At least one of the 8 cyl. diesels was involved with some fire damage and another one in an accident. The Cord engineering notes refer to using these chassis to mount some LeBaron Cord bodies when they were working on late prototypes in 1937 to show what could be built in 1938!

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• mhaley
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
14 Oct 2004 13:04 #2364 by mhaley
Diesel Auburns? was created by mhaley
I listed some misc. items on e-bay the other day, and one of the items I came across was a catalog for the Hemphill Diesel School. In the catalog was a couple of pictures of cars that I believe are Auburns, with diesel engines. Does anyone know if these cars are still around? You can see the pictures on E-bay, item #3846107736. -Mike