1931 Auburn Schebler Carburetor

• olvette64
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
01 Aug 2014 00:32 #27880 by olvette64
Replied by olvette64 on topic 1931 Auburn Schebler Carburetor
Hi Mike,

I appreciate the information. I may go with the Carter BB1. It sounds like these are very good carburetors. I also put a Stromberg down draft on the car and it runs better than the Ford carburetor.

Thanks,

TR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
29 Jul 2014 20:05 #27864 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic re: carb for 8-98
I haven't used this vendor, so I can't vouch, but the top photo does show the BB1. www.carbkitsource.com/carbs/tech ... index.html

The Hemmings article talked about it, but unfortunately they used a pic of a later down draft to illustrate.

Mike
8-100A

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
29 Jul 2014 14:38 #27861 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic Carb for 8-98
Some use the Carter BB1. Originally used on Mopars, it was also the parts store replacement for many makes back in the day. A Google search shows parts & service for it are available.

www.hemmings.com/hmn/stories/201 ... ure25.html

The Stromberg URO-2, also updraft, was used on late 1932 8-100s. Not sure why the shop doesn't like the Schebler, perhaps some one else will chime in.

In retrospect, it sounds as if many consider the Schebler TX inferior and in fact dangerous.

Mike
8-100A

• olvette64
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
27 Jul 2014 21:47 #27857 by olvette64
1931 Auburn Schebler Carburetor was created by olvette64
Hello,

I am considering putting an original up draft carb on my 1931 898A and I noticed an older post that said that a vintage carburetor dealer said that they would not rebuild a Schebler Carb and they do not recommend using them. I was wondering if there is a better replacement carb that other members use.

A previous owner had installed a ford down draft carb that does not run very well and I would like to go back to the original updraft type of carb. with original linkage. I am more concerned with how it runs than originality. Does anyone have a recommendation for a good running replacement carb that is an easy fit or close to the original?

Thanks,

TR