Skip to main content

any info is appreciated

More
16 Jul 2014 15:45 #27821 by [email protected]
I know I am new here, and don't have alot to add to the sight, but after contacting the auburn museum, they referred me to here for more info. Thank you for any help or reference pics you might be able to help me with.

I am what is currently referred to as a "picker" recently I bought a number of items from a gentleman whose family owned a large demolition company in Indiana. Over the years they have removed some very large and historical buildings, including the ones to make room for the chase tower in Indiana. Now don't get me wrong, I hate to see old building destroyed, but it is nice to see old items saved from them.

The reason for this post on here is one of the items I bought is a plaque with the Auburn logo on it. I sent pictures to the auburn museum and they verified that it is definitely an auburn piece and it is quality, therefore my thoughts that it was probably at the factory itself, or at least a dealership were confirmed, although they had no pictures on file of it being on one of the many buildings demolished over the years. we were hoping to find a picture or other info of it on a building. any info is welcomed. it is solid brass with black paint on the front. 15" long x 3 1/4 tall and around 1/4" thick. thanks again.

[img

[img

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.