Skip to main content

Auburn master cylinder

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
28 Jun 2014 17:58 #27754 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Auburn master cylinder
Hi,

I have not put one on an Auburn, but I have installed a new aftermarket dual MC on my 812 Cord sedan project car:

forums.phpstack-1081784-3880776.cloudway...viewtopic.php?t=6415

Also, one of the Buick Club folks has made the conversion on his 36 Buick:

forums.aaca.org/f165/1936-specia ... 64695.html

For my Cord I had to have a 2-bolt bracket cloned to replace the original 3 bolt bracket. It was not expensive, and it allowed all the linkages to fit up exactly as original.

For the 36 Buick, the owner had to lop off one ear of the new MC and fab a simple plate bracket to use the side-mounting holes. He was able to keep everything aligned but had to buy a replacement pushrod/link.

I distrust the copper brake lines that are still in my project Cord. My Cord will receive all new brake lines made of very workable CuNiFer material from NAPA. For fabricating the lines on another project a few years ago I bought an expensive ($250.00) flaring tool from Eastwood.com and never regretted the cost: after one flare you'll forget what it cost also. It's worth it.

Also in the Buick Club, a member is considering converting his 50 Buick to a dual MC. I don't know if he has proceeded with that project or not:

forums.aaca.org/f162/dual-chambe ... 74389.html

I hope this is helpful.

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Terry
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
28 Jun 2014 15:35 #27752 by Terry
Auburn master cylinder was created by Terry
Has anyone installed a dual port master cylinder on their 34-36 Auburn.
Any info as to what cylinder was used or any other info appreciated.
I am sure that this is a good safety feature.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.