Skip to main content

Headlights

• red.auburn851
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
11 Nov 2013 02:24 #26270 by red.auburn851
Replied by red.auburn851 on topic Thanks
Thank you Mike & Andy. As Mike said he uses a 20 amp fuse, that must be the issue. I rewired it myself, so I was trying to do it exactly right, but the bigger bulbs pull more power.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
09 Nov 2013 02:59 #26256 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Headlights
I am presuming you are talking about a 852-52 Auburn because of your "handle". I too used Rhode Island wiring. The owners manual for 852 says the headlight fuse on the headlight switch should be 20 amp. That is what I have been using for 6 years with no trouble. The candle power on the bulbs should be 32C- 21C and the headlight wiring should be 14 gauge for low beams and 14 gauge for high beams. Please double check and just don't take my word for it. Rhode Island did not give this info. on their wiring diagrams.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

More
08 Nov 2013 20:12 #26253 by 61xlch
Replied by 61xlch on topic Headlights
How much is the power of your bulbs? Assuming each 35W and a 6V system your 10A fuse is simply too small.
2 bulbs are 70 W, divided thru 6V is more the 10 A. Just try a 16A fuse and it should work well. If not, you might have a short cut in your circuit.

Good luck.
Andy

• red.auburn851
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
04 Nov 2013 02:00 #26231 by red.auburn851
Headlights was created by red.auburn851
I have been having a problem all year that my headlight fuse, 10A. It has been blowing out when I use my headlights. I rewired the car with a Rhode Island wire harness and rewired the headlight buckets completly according to drawings and diagrams I could find. Someone said, just switch to a 15A fuse, but I wanted to know if anyone else had ever delt with this issue. I am still using the stock 2 element bulbs.

Thanks, MS