• Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
19 Jun 2013 17:54 #25459 by silverghost
Replied by silverghost on topic Pollock Auto Showcase Boat Tail Speedster
Hi Joan~~~

No serial number~~~
May possibly have some very dark color photos in Dad's files from Bill Pollock's museum in the 1970s-I will need to check ?

This was a later production supercharged Auburn boat-tailed speedster in a creamish/tan color.

It looked very similar to the Auburn Boat-tail speedster now in Fred Simeone's Foundation museum collection .
Perhapps it may be the same car ?
I asked them via email if it was the former Pollock Auto Showcase Auburn a few years ago~~but never got any email reply answer !

There are also two off-white earlier Auburn Boat-tailed speedsters that usually attend the Aug. Penna Macungie German Aug, Fest & car show event almost every year~ that I really like very much.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jhcarlady
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
19 Jun 2013 15:09 #25457 by jhcarlady
Replied by jhcarlady on topic pollock boattail speedster
Could you give more information on the car other than former owner. Do you have a serial number, pictures, or any other identification of the speedster to help identify it?

jhcarlady/
Joan Huffman

• silverghost
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
15 Jun 2013 06:00 #25425 by silverghost
Pollock Auto Showcase Boat Tail Speedster was created by silverghost
In the eary 1970s I remember Bill Pollock in his 75+ car museum Pollock's Auto Showcase in Pottstown Pa. once had a very nice original Auburn Boat-tailed Supercharged Speedster crammed in the rear middle section of his 2nd floor museum display.
I remember this car very well~~~
In later years it was coverd in a film of dust as it had not been moved in many years.
A Rolls~Royce with a partial mahogany skiff body was parked beside it ~~~as was a green fabric covered early MG .

I believe Bill was in the scrap metal business in a very big Potstown Pa local operaton ?
I remember very large mountains of scrap Iron & steel all around the general area; with a number of old cranes with giant electro-magnets sitting near these giant rusty mountains of scrap metal.

The Auburn was a later production superchared speedster I believe ?
I always thought the original speed certification plaque on it's dash was a very cool feature !

Basically the speedster was in driver condition; & not a showcar.

The Museum collection was liquidated years ago~~~for the most part~~~but We had heard that a few cars were kept by Bill & his family ?

Where is the former Bill Pollock Auburn Boat-Tailed Supercharged Speedster from the early 70s today ?

Does it appear at any ACD show events ?

Is it still painted the same ?

I would assume it eventually has since had a total restoration~~~and is well known to ACD & Auburn collectors today ?

Note~~
Bill also had two extremely rare restored Chadwicks, of only three known to still exist at this time, that were put together from nothing more than a pile of old rusty dug-up parts.
One Spectacular Chadwick had a spare rusty crankshaft sitting on the wooden floor in front of it~~~ in his very nice, but cramped auto museum display !
Very Impressive cars indeed ~~~that were actually originally built in Pottstown PA. !
Bill once told us he knew the Chadwick family who lived in the area~~~they in fact gave him some original parts.

There was also a small auto restoration shop on the upper floor of his museum where last I remember an older restorer/fellow who was working on putting real woven sheet canework on an early blue painted formal Renault with some sort of sticky adhesive .
This body canework application job was giving him all sorts of trouble !

Bill Pollock had a wonderful local Pottstown Pennsylvania auto museum collection in it's day !
We used to visit it often~~~
I was sad to see it finally close it's doors ~~~~

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector