Finding a Past Boatail Speedster

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
11 Mar 2013 02:43 #24753 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Finding a Past Boatail Speedster
Hello Randy.. I have no idea what serial numbers it had and the engine in it was not an Auburn engine. I was 11 years old when I first saw it and probably around 13 when I used to sit in the drivers seat looking at the dash. I recall a floor shifter but thats about it. I do recall the golf bag door. Sherm had a big 47 lincoln convertable that had a differant engine in it when a rep for Harras Museum came to look at it.. When they looked under the hood and didn't see the V12 or V 16 that it was supposed to have they walked away... Sherm had the original born as serial number complete engine under a tarp about 10 ft from the car in a covered storage area.. Both the Cord and the Lincoln and a 1916 Dodge with some special electric silant starter were in the same room.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
11 Mar 2013 02:01 #24752 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic Finding a Past Boatail Speedster
Hello .Gary Any idea of engine or serial number ? Randy

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
10 Mar 2013 04:28 #24739 by 1748 S
Finding a Past Boatail Speedster was created by 1748 S
Who could I talk to about finding my fathers partners 35 or 36 supercharged Auburn boatail speedster from around 1965 time line. It was in Los Anglses Ca and owned By Sherm Hall of Alahambra Ca. This car did not have the original engine or trans but it had the original 2 speed rear end. I think it was a blue color on the front fenders. There was some front end sheet metal damage as I recall. It was kept on Misson Blvd in LA Ca at the Shasta Mission Beverage Bottleing Company plant. Sherm lost interest in it and started selling off a large collection of cars. He and my Dad were half owners of the Cord I own now till I bought him Sherm out in around 1975. Anyway I have always wondered what happened to the Auburn. I would like to know if it ever was restored and if it is I sure would like to see the car... Its a car on my bucket list to see someday... thanks for any information about this too.