Skip to main content

Engine question:1933 Auburn 8 105 Salon Dual Ratio Cabriolet

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
08 Sep 2012 15:02 #23444 by mikespeed35
Make sure the top dead center is on compression stroke and not exaust stroke of No. 1 cyl.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nickg112
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
07 Sep 2012 15:50 #23439 by nickg112
Thanks for the info on torque. I also am checking to see if the Service Manual is available at the Museum. Thanks again

• JOEL GIVNER
  • Registered
More
07 Sep 2012 13:08 #23437 by JOEL GIVNER
Replied by JOEL GIVNER on topic 1933 Auburn
Firing order is 1 6 2 5 8 3 7 4
turn engine over and look at marks on flywheel (the opening for the flywheel should be on the bottom face of housing). At top dead center and no manual advance, the rotor will be pointing at the number 1 position on the distributor.

As far as torque sequence, start in middle of head and work your way out alternating sides from center using a standard torquing sequence.

JEG

• Justin Kerns
  • Registered
More
07 Sep 2012 03:00 #23436 by Justin Kerns
Hi Nick,

The 1931-1933 Auburn Service Manual has a lot of information of that type. You can buy a copy from the ACD Museum although I don't see it on their website at the moment. Email Jon Bill at <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url] to inquire.

Justin

Justin
1932 Auburn 12-160A Sedan
1933 Auburn 12-161A Sedan

• nickg112
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
07 Sep 2012 00:11 #23433 by nickg112
I have an additional question on my engine from my previous post. My engine has been rebuilt and never started since the rebuild. The rebuild is about 25 years old. The car has been stored inside. I am thinking of removing the head before starting to do an inspection and to assure that everything is working properly. Can anyone tell me if there is a manual, book, etc that shows the proper torque and bolt sequence when putting the head back on.
I also need to know the firing order and what location is number one on the distributor.
I have an Owners manual and parts book. But not much there. I did just order a Mechanic's Book for early Auburns (Pre 1928). I did not see anything current or any other books that seem to apply