Skip to main content

"W" Bolts for Auburns

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
23 Apr 2012 12:09 #22662 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Bolts
Thanks John!

The new marked head bolts that I offer are 'high hex' GR9 coarse thread.
Bolts with SAE threads are good high hex originals that are marked.
I have compiled list of all of the bolts used in 34-36 Auburns as to the part number, location, head marking, and body style. The list also contains other non-standard washers, jam nuts etc. The finish on the lions share of the fasteners is grey-black manganeese parkerizing which I believe to be original.
Send me an email, and I will send you a copy.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
21 Apr 2012 17:11 #22644 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic "W" Bolts for Auburns
Curt Schulze has recently reproduced about 95% of all W, N, and 30 Bolts for 1934, 1935, and 1936 Auburns. He makes them by size so you should be able to find something that works for the 1933 all be it have to trim length or ....). He can do a custom run for you if high crown stock is available in the size you need as he has simplified the process down and he can also redo an existing bolt if it is not too badly damaged.

JMM

• CraigBirkhold
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
21 Apr 2012 05:47 #22639 by CraigBirkhold
"W" Bolts for Auburns was created by CraigBirkhold
Does anyone out there have a good source for new or newer bolts with a "W" that would be a suitable replacement for some original bolts? Some of the originals that I have are damaged beyond a reasonable repair and I am looking for a good alternative. It would be nice to know if new bolts were grade 5 or 8 and if fine or corse thread. Also, if there is no company making such a bolt, is there an individual who is hand crafting the Auburn "W" bolts? All ideas a welcomed... Thanks. :rolleyes:

Craig Birkhold
Owner of the Eastern & Western Workshops
Napoleon, Ohio