Skip to main content

Wheres is this speedster now?

• auburnjoe
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
12 Mar 2012 01:40 #22388 by auburnjoe
Replied by auburnjoe on topic Wheres is this speedster now?
Thanks Randy, I will look for the serial number in the paper work from when my dad sold the car back in 2004.

Curt, you are correct. I sent you a PM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
11 Mar 2012 12:44 #22387 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Speedster
If that is the dark maroonish almost black car. It is owned by a gentleman in Sacremento CA. send me a PM, I'll supply you with his email addy.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
11 Mar 2012 00:38 #22384 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic Wheres is this speedster now?
If you can find the correct five diget serial number ie 34915 or your dads name I can give you current info on the car. Randy Ema

• auburnjoe
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
10 Mar 2012 18:52 #22380 by auburnjoe
Wheres is this speedster now? was created by auburnjoe
Was wondering if anyone here might know where my father's Auburn Speedster 852 s/c is now? Going from memory here, I think its serial # 3914E. He sold it in October 2004 to a collector in Kentucky and I believe the car sold at least one more time after that. It was recently featured on www.jaylenosgarage.com showing a photograph which was taken of the car a 2011 Pebble Beach concours d'elegance.

I would love to get in touch with its current owner to share some stories of the long restoration that my father completed on this beauty. I helped out quite bit over a twenty year period on many aspects of the restoration from disassembly to block sanding to final spit shine before 2003 Meadowbrook concours d'elegance.

Any leads or connections are much appreciated.
Thanks Tony