Skip to main content

1933 8101 Auburn Clutch

• Thom
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
27 Dec 2011 01:15 #21739 by Thom
Replied by Thom on topic 1933 8101 Auburn Clutch
No insult taken. I have tried adjusting it but that does not help. The clutch starts to grab at the end of the pedal travel. Using the manuals, I have marked my starting point and worked on the point where the pedal touched the floor boards and also changed the point where it grabs. Neither helps. There is 85,000 miles on the speedometer and the car has been in the family since 1970. Very little use for the past 25 years. Since I live near Albany NY, I will contact Indiana Clutch and find out about sending the clutch plate and pressure plate if needed also but I can't drive or take the car there. My brother and I have the knowledge will be doing the changing work. Our hold up is the cold garage and we are not sure of the specs for the clutch. Thanks again for your information. All is appreciated, Tom Becker

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rum-Runner
  • Registered
More
26 Dec 2011 23:55 #21737 by Rum-Runner
Replied by Rum-Runner on topic 1933 8101 Auburn Clutch
Thom, please don't feel insulted, I don't know your level of expertise, are you sure the clutch may only need to be adjusted? You need about 1-11/2 inch of free play,it could be slipping for that reason. Just a thought.

• Thom
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Dec 2011 03:21 #21723 by Thom
Replied by Thom on topic 1933 8101 Auburn Clutch
Thank you

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
22 Dec 2011 23:32 #21713 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic 1933 8101 Auburn Clutch
You can contact Fort Wayne in Fort Wayne Ind clutch they can take care of the whole job for you and it will be right Randy

• Thom
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
22 Dec 2011 22:31 #21709 by Thom
1933 8101 Auburn Clutch was created by Thom
I have what seems to be a slipping clutch. I notice it as I an shifting into third going up a hill. This spring I plan to get under the car to check for an oily clutch plate or see if it is worn. I have checked the 8-98 service book and the 31-33 shop manuals and do not see any spec's on the clutch. Does anyone know what the thickness of the clutch should be, who might resurface it if needed, or are there any available and at what cost?