Skip to main content

1936 Auburn Radio Wanted

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
27 Oct 2011 19:19 #21274 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic 1936 Auburn Radio Wanted
Incredibly nice 852 Phaeton, though Glenn has his work cut out for him in getting it roadworthy for that 2.5 hour trip from Dayton to Auburn. Glenn likes touring and usually does it in a brass car of brand that equates to unobtanium of parts, so he is up for a good challenge. With help from "all the king's men" in the club he should be able to get it to be that road beast that he wants - and by this spring too.

JMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Glenn Hamilton
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
27 Oct 2011 12:52 #21272 by Glenn Hamilton
Replied by Glenn Hamilton on topic 1936 Auburn Radio Wanted
Chris, thanks for the kind welcome. My plan is to get the car ready to drive to the events you describe. My grandmother purchased a 1932 Auburn after my grandfather's passing with the proceeds of his insurance, thereby scandalizing the rest of the family with her indulgence. Having been in the hobby for some time, it seemed only right that I return to the marque. I read the full 10-page 'trip-of-a-lifetime' in an Auburn speedster last PM. That's one way to really get to know your spouse! My wife and I did 10 days in a TR3 in France which truly defined 'togetherness.' See you in the Spring, Glenn

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
27 Oct 2011 04:57 #21271 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic 1936 Auburn Radio Wanted
Welcome to the Club. I think you'll find there are a lot of good, helpful people here; you've already met a few of them.

You aren't that far from Auburn. You should consider attending both the Reunion and at least one regional meet next year. The regional meets are where you really get to meet people and get to know the members of the club, and they are very welcoming to new members. I hope to meet you down the road.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• Glenn Hamilton
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
27 Oct 2011 03:21 #21270 by Glenn Hamilton
1936 Auburn Radio Wanted was created by Glenn Hamilton
I'm new to this forum and the ACD Club, and have just added an 852 phaeton to my collection. I'm greatly indebted to John Mereness and Curt Schulze for the excellent help and advice they've offered as this car gets ready for the road in the spring. I'm looking for a correct restorable radio head and box for the car...a Crosley 5-A-3 Roamio. Any leads are appreciated, I'm hoping to restore it with the assistance of a radio-capable friend. Thanks, I've enjoyed reviewing the posts and newsletters as my Auburn education continues, Glenn, Dayton, OH