Skip to main content

Sucking oil out of Bijur jar?

More
16 Sep 2010 12:59 #18006 by sds1861
Replied by sds1861 on topic Sucking oil out of Bijur jar?
Hello Steve:
After you get the oil sucking issued fixed, if the engine continues to run rich ,even after making adjustments to both screws, your float level may be too high. If you need help setting it, give me a call.
Regards,
Steve Stevens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
15 Sep 2010 20:03 #17998 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic Sucking oil out of Bijur jar?
Steve,

While it sounds as if you have a fixable vacuum problem, I've been running w/o a Bijur for years. The Bijur does a great job when all the lines are open, but it definitely adds to the mess these cars make. My Bijur was deactivated when I got the car. It appears hooked up, but the lines are blocked off. Since I like things to look original, where the fittings are visible, I leave them there, just screwing in a zerk when greasing is necessary. Where they're not seen, I leave the zerks in.

Mike
8-100A

More
15 Sep 2010 16:38 #17997 by sds1861
Replied by sds1861 on topic Sucking oil out of Bijur jar?
Hello Steve:
I think you are right about the source of the oil. Just unscrew the vacuum line out of the top of your Bijur unit and plug the line off with a piece of tape or something. The Bijur is about the only way that oil could be getting into your intake manifold.
Regards,
Steve Stevens

• Steve Miller
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
15 Sep 2010 16:05 #17996 by Steve Miller
Sucking oil out of Bijur jar? was created by Steve Miller
I started my '31 898-A Sat and of course it blew quite a bit of smoke. After we pulled it out of the garage there was a large puddle of dark oil on the floor (it has new oil in it). It ran very rich, and later I noticed the Bijur bottle was a little low. Fiddled with the carb today and tried it again, smokes like a freight train and still runs rich, and the Bijur bottle looks to be less full. Is it possible that I'm sucking oil out of that into the intake? I couldn't find a source of leak under the car, though there is some oil there and there is actually oil dripping from the exhaust, and leaking slightly around the intake and exhaust manifolds. Anybody heard of such a thing? My thought was to take the bottle off, empty it and try again.
Thanks

ACD Club Life Member
If it ain't six volt, I'm probably not interested