Pre 1930 Bearing supplier

• 26-666
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
26 Aug 2010 06:41 #17809 by 26-666
Replied by 26-666 on topic Pre 1930 Bearing supplier
Steve, Tom,

Thanks Gentlemen. I'll give Chris a call on the weekend. May be easier than I thought, but 2 local members both mentioned trouble finding anything the right size of one or maybe more.

Thanks again for your help

Andrew

Andrew Hines
Margate, Tas, Australia
ACD Club Member

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
25 Aug 2010 17:57 #17803 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Bearings
Hi Andrew,

When we were in Australia a few years ago we spent sometime with Chris McClelland a Cord owner and a ACD club member who lives near Melbourne. After we returned I was unable to locate some supension bearings for our phateon. I mentioned it to Chris and he secured them and sent them. You might contact him, he is in the latest Directory.

More
25 Aug 2010 12:27 #17801 by sds1861
Replied by sds1861 on topic Pre 1930 Bearing supplier
Hello Andrew:
Take your old bearings out, clean them up with solvent, and take them to the service counter at a local bearing supply company. Most major cities have at least one. They will measure your bearings and I'll bet that they can come up with new replacements for you. They can search their computer for bearings by number and also by dimensions. Let me know what you find.
Kindest regards,
Steve Stevens

• 26-666
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
25 Aug 2010 03:02 #17798 by 26-666
Pre 1930 Bearing supplier was created by 26-666
Hello everyone,

I'm in the early stages of finding a supplier to replace my wheel and diff bearings for my 1927 666. This car has a columbia front and rear end. My fellow club members in Australia that have restored any pre 1930 Auburns tell me that finding any wheel or diff bearings is difficult.

Can anybody recomend a supplier (worldwide) who can lend me a hand locating the 6 of so timkin bearings I need.

Many thanks

Andrew

Andrew Hines
Margate, Tas, Australia
ACD Club Member