Skip to main content

8-98 Kingpins

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
12 Aug 2009 01:05 #14201 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic 8-98 Kingpins
I figured someone else would have answered by now. Stan Gilliand at Auburn Cord Parts may be able to help. I got a fresh set from him a couple of years ago; they came with new bushings. Stan also hard chromes old ones as Pete mentioned.

I tried Rare Parts a few years ago, they certainly could do it, but it sounded like the first set (at the time mine) was going to be expensive. Mason Maynard once told me he thinks the pins from an early Ford Econoline should work with a little work.

Mike
8-100A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
10 Aug 2009 02:31 #14193 by
Replied by on topic 8-98 kingpins
When I owned my 8-98 I renewed the king pins by hard chroming oversize and reaming( with an adjustable reamer) the original bushings and axle out to the proper fit. Pete

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
10 Aug 2009 00:32 #14191 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic king pins
I goofed. The number is # 64411. forgot to put the shift key down and got 3 instead

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
10 Aug 2009 00:30 #14190 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic king pins
I don't know if they can help you but check with Rare Parts in Stockton CA www.rareparts.com . Phone number is 209-948-6005. I got new tie rod ends for my 810. You can get a discount by giving them the ACD Club 3 64411. Good luck

• Rum-Runner
  • Registered
More
09 Aug 2009 23:43 #14189 by Rum-Runner
Replied by Rum-Runner on topic 8-98 Kingpins
Chris, up to this point no one has responded to your ?. I was hoping to hear the answer since the Rum-Runner is an 8-98 as well. It is not in dire need of kingpins but is showing some looseness at the pins. The only solution I would have at this point in my area is to take it to a local shop which does a lot of front end rebuilding and alignment on mostly large trucks. I've had other smaller vehicles repaired at this shop with no problems. Are you replacing because of serious wear, is your tire showing any signs of unusual wear, and why is just one side in need of repair? Maybe someone out there knows the source of pins, bushings, and reamers for the do it yourself-er. Good luck, BE, Rum-Runner

• chrisc.osborn
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
31 Jul 2009 19:26 #14104 by chrisc.osborn
8-98 Kingpins was created by chrisc.osborn
Need to replace l/h kingpin on my 1931 8-98 sedan, never done this before, any hints & tips please.
Thanks Chris