Skip to main content

1935 Auburn 653 question

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
31 Jul 2009 00:57 #14102 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Cabriolet
Neil, I sent you a PM in reference to your car.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nklimek
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
30 Jul 2009 20:53 #14097 by nklimek
Replied by nklimek on topic 1935 Auburn 653 question
Hey, it looks cool and has some history. I see what you mean about the windshield, but not bad the way it is. As long as people are honest about the car, I don't have a problem with mods of this sort

bailout auburn

• Neil Gerrard
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
29 Jul 2009 01:41 #14079 by Neil Gerrard

• Visitor
28 Jul 2009 23:36 #14076 by
Replied by on topic Sedan/Cabriolet
It is always nice to see pictures when you are asking if some one has seen something like this.
We all would like to see pictures of your Auburns
My 2 Cents
K Clark

• Neil Gerrard
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
28 Jul 2009 20:50 #14075 by Neil Gerrard
1935 Auburn 653 question was created by Neil Gerrard
I recently purchased a 35 653, many people knew about this car. It had been heavily modified in the 50's from a sedan into a ca brio. The folks that had it wanted a lot for it but I ended up getting it very reasonably.
The car was built by a WWII vet that was badly hurt at Normandy, his sister told me that the car was his therapy of sorts. He grafted on the back of a ca brio and did a very nice job. The car looks fine as it is but would look 100% better with a ca brio or coupe windshield. What are the odds of finding one? Even the base would help. Also in the trunk is a small tool box marked Auburn and 653 on the sides, looks factory, anybody ever seen one?
Great site by the way, I also have a 32 Auburn, 14 Overland, 22 Pierce, 30 S&S Ambulance, 38 Dodge, 39 Nash, 40 Ford, 41 Chevrolet, 42 Buick and a 62 Oldsmobile