Skip to main content

Auburn Electrlock

More
10 Feb 2010 20:18 #15860 by DPeeler
Replied by DPeeler on topic Auburn Electrlock
Neal,

I came across the name Frank Cek (216-486-3177) from an earlier posting as someone who does these repairs. I have not tried to contact him. If you do first, please let us know if it proved to be successful.

Thanks!

David Peeler
1931 Auburn 8-98A Phaeton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Neal Ziff
  • Registered
More
10 Feb 2010 15:32 #15854 by Neal Ziff
Replied by Neal Ziff on topic Auburn Electrlock
Hi David,
No, unfortunately I still haven't found anyone. I will probably wind up attempting the dissection myself. In the meantime I've just routed around it with a toggle switch. If you find someone, please let me know.
Neal

Neal

More
10 Feb 2010 14:27 #15851 by DPeeler
Replied by DPeeler on topic Auburn Electrlock
Neal - Did you find anyone that rebuilds the ElectroLock?

David Peeler
1931 Auburn 8-98A Phaeton

• Neal Ziff
  • Registered
More
11 Mar 2009 04:03 #12893 by Neal Ziff
Replied by Neal Ziff on topic electrolock removal
Hi Chuck,
What a coincidence - I just removed the electrolock from my 8-95 yesterday. It was really simple. Remove the ignition lock cylinder from dash by detaching the grounding wire and removing the lock ring. Pull cylinder back through the firewall. Remove the distributor base with the electrolock attached. Detach the grounding band from the condensor and then carefully remove the attachment nut from inside the distributor and the electrolock is free.

I removed mine because I am having a grounding problem trying to get ignition. I would like to be able to open up the ignition lock cylinder to check out the parts and see if they are intact or if the potmetal has broken up and is possibly one of the parts of the problem I'm having. If you have any info you can share on getting the electrolock rebuilt I would appreciate hearing from you.

Neal Ziff

Neal

• auburn895
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Mar 2009 00:07 #12868 by auburn895
Auburn Electrlock was created by auburn895
What is the process to remove the electrolock from distributor on a 1930 Auburn 8-95 need to send out to have a new lock cylinder made
Thanks in advance
Chuck