Skip to main content

New Member with a new 1936 Auburn - needs help

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
28 Feb 2009 07:11 #12812 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic Shifting
In as much as you have just acquired this car I would recommned that you check and maybe change the fluids in the transmission and differential. Of course, the engine and other Items should also be checked.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
28 Feb 2009 06:15 #12811 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic New Member with a new 1936 Auburn - needs help
Hi Ralph, I have a 35 Auburn 851 and I don't double clutch. The trans. is synchronized in 2nd and 3rd gear. It is best to shift slower than less say a modern car. A more deliberate shift. Being in Maryland I would suggest attending the Eastern Spring Meet in Pa. If you look on the events forum you will find comments be Jim O'Brian who is planning the meet and is also on the Certification team. Cars do get inspected for possible Certification at that meet. Glad you joined and hope to meet you at the Eastern Spring Meet.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
28 Feb 2009 02:38 #12810 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic New Member with a new 1936 Auburn - needs help
Welcome to the Club!

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• executivehouse
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
28 Feb 2009 01:31 #12809 by executivehouse
New Member with a new 1936 Auburn - needs help was created by executivehouse
I am a new club member and I recently purchased a 1936 Auburn 852 Cabrio and she just arrived. I have a few questions that I am hoping the club members can answer or direct me to the answer.

1) Folding the convertible top down, is there directions out there. I am concerned about damaging it.

2) Does shifting require double clutching. I took her out for a spin and it seems to prefer a double clutch to shift smoothly. Maybe it just takes time to learn her.

3) Car Cover, does anyone recommend where I can source one for her.

4) How do I go about getting her ACD certified.

I am sure I will have many more as I begin to sort her out... So I appreciate any and all responses.

thank you,

Ralph Hoyt
West Friendship, MD