Skip to main content

Radio Antenna

More
19 Feb 2009 15:00 #12781 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Radio Antenna

ilikescars wrote: Mike: I think I saw a schematic in one of the news letters. It's a contraption that's hung under the car frame. I've heard that they aren't very effective, though. I have a genny radio with modern electronics, and all I needed was a simple two-wire (like the old TV antenna wires) that I threaded under the kick panel, under the body channel and up behind the rear body. (Cabriolet) I haven't tried it on the speedster.

Mark

I talked to my Dad the other day and this is exactly what he's going to do with his speedster. He said the undermount antenna's are basically worthless.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ilikescars
  • Registered
More
15 Feb 2009 01:59 #12758 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic Radio Antenna
Mike: I think I saw a schematic in one of the news letters. It's a contraption that's hung under the car frame. I've heard that they aren't very effective, though. I have a genny radio with modern electronics, and all I needed was a simple two-wire (like the old TV antenna wires) that I threaded under the kick panel, under the body channel and up behind the rear body. (Cabriolet) I haven't tried it on the speedster.

Mark

More
11 Feb 2009 17:36 #12728 by alsancle

mikespeed35 wrote: Thanks A.J. I don't think that would work on a speedster because the seat comes out often to remove luggage.
CORDially Mike

I haven't talked to him yet, but my recollection was it was sewed in behind the trim that runs above the seats?

• mikespeed35
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
11 Feb 2009 03:25 #12721 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Radio Antenna
Thanks A.J. I don't think that would work on a speedster because the seat comes out often to remove luggage.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

More
10 Feb 2009 14:24 #12705 by alsancle
Mike,

I think on my Dad's car the radio antenna runs behind the seat. He's down in Florida now, but when I talk to him I'll find out. I can probably get you some pictures.

A.J.

• mikespeed35
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
09 Feb 2009 03:45 #12690 by mikespeed35
Radio Antenna was created by mikespeed35
Does any one have a radio antenna for a 1935-36 Auburn I could use as a copy to make one for my car? This is the antenna that goes under the chassis. Detailed drawings would also work. Thanks
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman