Skip to main content

Looking for pictures of George Luzader and his Auburn

• ilikescars
  • Registered
More
15 Aug 2008 13:17 #11036 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic Small Cords
Hi, Adam: If you're interested, I have three unassembled Cord plastic models. 1] Sankyo motorized Classic Car Series No.1 1/24th scale s/c 812 Convertible Coupe. 2] Monogram 1/24th scale Cord 812 Phaeton
3] Pyro 1/25th scale 1937 s/c Cord Convertible Coupe.

All plastic models. Much cheaper to collect than the real thing.

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• adamsredlines
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
13 Aug 2008 12:19 #11018 by adamsredlines
Replied by adamsredlines on topic Re: hot wheels

balinwire wrote: Are those all 69 red lines? I wondered where they all went! :D
Explain to the other members how that is the most expensive hot wheel at half a grand each.

The Cord is among the most expensive "casting" to buy, the ones pictured above range from about $250-1,000 in value, the gold being the most expensive I own. The Classic Cord was produced in 1971. I still need a few colors for it, such as Pink and Salmon which go for approximately $2,000 ea.

I thought he had won a Best of...I'll have to ask my parents as they may remember better than I...

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
13 Aug 2008 03:45 #11013 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic Looking for pictures of George Luzader and his Auburn
Welcome to the Forum.

None of his awards must have been a Best of..., as he isn't listed in the front of the current Directory. I'm sure someone else here will know your friend, however.

P.S. A few years ago, when I was young(er) and stupid, I sold my 400+ Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars at a garage sale for fifty cents each. This was before I was aware of eBay. No Cords or Auburns though.

I still have my complete Micro Machines playset, though!

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• balinwire
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
12 Aug 2008 23:07 #11007 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic hot wheels
Are those all 69 red lines? I wondered where they all went! :D
Explain to the other members how that is the most expensive hot wheel at half a grand each.

• adamsredlines
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
12 Aug 2008 22:38 #11006 by adamsredlines
Hey guys, I'll quickly introduce myself. I am a 24 yr old currently living in Texas, but I grew up next to a man some of you might know (I'm hoping). I grew up in Memphis, TN and my neighbor was George Luzader, who had an Auburn 851 ( I believe that's the correct model) that won several awards at the ACD Festival. Any who, him and his car has greatly impacted my life, and I was hoping that some of you had additional pictures of him and his car. I've only got one picture of it, and would love to have any others that are available. I know its a long shot, but I figured this would be the best place to look. Thanks for any help you may provide, hope to hear from you.
Here's the only picture I have of him and his car...

Some day I'll have an Auburn or Cord of my own, but for now I've taken up collecting them on a smaller scale...do any of you also collect Hotwheels Auburns or Cords?