Skip to main content

1931 Auburn Deluxe 8-98A Help

• Hank Reus
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
27 Oct 2007 13:46 #8517 by Hank Reus
Replied by Hank Reus on topic 1931 Auburn 8-98A car
Dear Kyra , To properly evaluate a car ,one should know what the body style is as they basically have different values . I, wondering what this one is If it should happen to be a 7 passenger sedan ,I would really like to buy it and if it was a regular 5 passenger sedan with the 6 wheel setup and was a nice original car I would be very interested in that also ! I don't know if it might be for sale but would very much apreciate knowing more about it as I really go for the 8-98A cars , Hank Reus , Baltimore , Md.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• michael arata
  • Registered
More
09 Sep 2007 23:18 #7995 by michael arata
Replied by michael arata on topic 898-A
I have owned a 1931 898-A for about four years. Very nice car to drive and enjoy. It is my understanding that in 1931 Auburn introduced five Standard and five Custom models...adding two more models to each group after midyear. MA

More
08 Sep 2007 02:00 #7960 by sds1861
Replied by sds1861 on topic 1931 Auburn Deluxe 8-98A Help
Kyra:
8-98 is the model designation for the 1931 Auburn. The 8 stands for 8 cylinder engine, the 98 stands for 98 horse power. The A suffix designates the deluxe model which included some special trim etc.

Value depends on many factors and has a wide range. The body style is one very important value factor. Most cars were 4 door sedans, thus they have the lowest values. Your local Barnes & Noble will carry an "Old Cars Price Guide" on the magazine rack. It is just a guide, but will get you in the ballpark.

By the way, where are you located?

Best regards,
Steve Stevens

• Kyra
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
03 Sep 2007 20:31 #7921 by Kyra
1931 Auburn Deluxe 8-98A Help was created by Kyra
Hi! My neighbor has owned one of these for awhile. He wanted to know a [i:1byrrsia]guesstimate [/i:1byrrsia]range on the worth? If someone could look it up in an old car price guide it would be much appreciated. It still runs, has no rust, and he has owned it over 35 years. What does Deluxe mean? What does the 8-98A mean? Any other interesting information you can provide would be appreciated. This website is wonderful and I found myself reading quite a bit of information here (4 hours). I could easily spend a day sitting here reading. Jay Leno's Garage videos certainly added some interest to the Duesenburg's too.
Thank you in advance for any info you can provide!

Just an ordinary girl,
Kyra

P.S. Spell check doesn't like the spelling of Duesenburg LOL.