Skip to main content

Routing of wiper vacuum line on s/c car

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
22 Aug 2007 11:52 #7818 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Vacuum line
Mark Clayton took many pictures of Jerry Vincentini's speedster. He made the assumption that everything Jerry did was absolutely correct.
Mark built both Ron?s phaeton and Hal's speedster. John Ehresman is still a tech advisor on these cars, give him a call call; he is very knowledgeable on this subject. 203-735-5580

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
22 Aug 2007 01:37 #7812 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Holes
Like everyone else, my car only has OFFICIAL HOLES. Except for, oh will never mind.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

• ilikescars
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
22 Aug 2007 00:18 #7810 by ilikescars
Replied by ilikescars on topic vacuum line
Mike: The factory only had a certain amount of "official" holes, but it really does make more sense to put the line above the exhaust pipes, in a straight line to the base of the carburator. On the other hand, I want to be as correct as possible, so I'll stick to the presumed factory outlet.
Any other comments are welcomed.

Mark

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
21 Aug 2007 02:58 #7792 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Vaccum line
Hi Mark,
I don't know about Phaetons, but I can tell you where I'm putting mine for a 35 Speedster. You notice I said "where I'm putting mine" not what is correct! The line was there when I got the car but who Knows where it was orig. Jerry Vincentini put his where I did but not the S.Ray Miller car. On a speedster there is a reveal or ridge on the left side of the firewall pointing toward the center of the firewall and angling down. At the end of that ridge is a hole and that's where I ran the vaccum line. It lines up directly with the vaccum fitting on the supercharger. If the other two holes in that area are used for the choke and throttle they all line up with where they attach in the engine bay.
CORDially Mike
I guess I should say. AUBURNially Mike

Mike Huffman

• ilikescars
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
20 Aug 2007 19:12 #7787 by ilikescars
Routing of wiper vacuum line on s/c car was created by ilikescars
Hi: Does anyone know if the routing for the wiper vacuum line is different on a s/c car, as opposed to a standard engine? The hole on the far left side on the firewall is the correct opening on a standard 35-36 Auburn, but I've seen a different layout on speedsters. Also, I have a picture of Ron Shirmer's s/c phaeton and it appears to have the vacuum line passing through the middle, above the exhaust pipes. Anyone?

Mark