Skip to main content

Stromberg UUR-2 Carburetor

More
16 Jul 2007 22:42 #7526 by C.R.D.
Replied by C.R.D. on topic UUR-2 adjustments
Here is some information specific to the UUR-2 from a vintage Chiltons.
The accelerating pump adjustment: Open throttle suddenly from idle. If engine hesitates pump adjustment is to lean. If engine stumbles adjustment is to rich. Pump needle "68" (screw on top of carburetor) controls gas. Turn in for leaner mixture.
Float and fuel level: Fuel level should stand even with the bottom of sight level hole "M". Float height should be 15/64 in from gasket face of bowl gasket removed.
This carburetor was used on some model of Hupmobiles, Marmon, Nashes, Pierce Arrows and some Studebakers.
Hope this helps.
Carl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Roxie2401
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
15 Jul 2007 12:29 #7506 by Roxie2401
Replied by Roxie2401 on topic Stromberg UUR-2 Carburetor
Tom,

I was hoping for a reply specific to the adjustments for the UUR-2, but since no one else has replied, perhaps if you have the time, I would appreciate having you scan the information on the UR-3/4.

I noticed a lot of discussion about the UUR-2 being used on Bugatti so maybe I'll see if there is a forum on that car, too.

Thanks for helping with whatever info you have.

FYI - I did get a reply that perhaps my issue is related to spark advance when I try to accelerate.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
10 Jul 2007 20:12 #7443 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic uur-2 carb.
I assumed that the carb. was built by Stromberg. I looked in my Stromberg book and found information on a UR-3/4. If this would help I could scan in the pages and send them.

Tom Georgeson

• Roxie2401
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
10 Jul 2007 01:14 #7438 by Roxie2401
Replied by Roxie2401 on topic Stromberg UUR-2 Carburetor
The carb is currently on a 1929 Auburn. I didn't know this carb had an acceleration pump. I was thinking it could be a plugged filter and the engine is getting enough fuel to idle but not enough to run at high speed.

Does this carb have an external float adjustment to raise/lower the float or does the float have to be bent to make an adjustment?

Also, the mechanical fuel pump has been bypassed and an electric Stewart Warner 240-A is installed back near the gas tank with a regulator on the output side.

More
09 Jul 2007 23:43 #7437 by Terry
Replied by Terry on topic CARBURATOR
iT WOULD HELP TO KNOW JUST WHAT THE CARB IS OFF OF.
iT SOUNDS TO ME TO THAT THE ACCELERATOR PUMP IS NOT DOING ITS JOB .TAKE OFF BREATER AND LOOK INTO THE CARB TO SEE IF IT IS PUMPING, IF IT IS, IT IS LIKELY SOMETHING ELSE IS PLUGGED SOME WHERE. CHECK THE FILTER SCREEN IN THE FUEL PUMP ALSO AN IN LINE FILTER IF YOU HAVE ONE.

• Roxie2401
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
09 Jul 2007 18:52 #7434 by Roxie2401
Stromberg UUR-2 Carburetor was created by Roxie2401
Hi, I'm new to the forum and am looking for any written material (adjustment, setup, internal workings, etc.) for the UUR-2.

I am getting plenty of fuel to the carburetor but the engine dies when I try to accelerate. I am suspecting a plugged jet/port or the float set too low - but I have no idea what I may find - and before I open this thing up I would really like to read about what the various settings should be.

If any materials exist I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks.