Skip to main content

How many rumble seat coupes?

• sds1861
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
14 Apr 2008 13:31 #9881 by sds1861
Replied by sds1861 on topic How many rumble seat coupes?
I have finally found a second 1932 Auburn rumble seat coupe. It is in the NATMUS in Auburn and belongs to ACD Club member Mike Pinatore. I think that Mike's car and mine are the "Last of the Mohicans".
Regards,
Steve Stevens

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sds1861
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
26 Sep 2007 21:50 #8154 by sds1861
Replied by sds1861 on topic How many rumble seat coupes?
Hello Everyone:
The above post has been up for almost five months with no response back from anyone with knowledge of another Auburn rumble seat coupe. I am thinking that I may have the lone surviving specimen of this body style. Hard to believe, but possible.
Best regards,
Steve Stevens

• sds1861
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
02 May 2007 13:27 #6966 by sds1861
How many rumble seat coupes? was created by sds1861
Hello forum members:

I am a fairly new ACD Club member (March 2006) and am honored to have my 1932 Auburn rumble seat coupe featured in the most recent issue of the ACD Club Newsletter. In looking through the Club Directory, I find that my car (previously owned by Hugh McKnight) is the only 1931 - 1933 coupe, out of the ten listed, that is specifically designated R/S.

Is this the only one in the Club with the rumble seat and the roll down rear window?

The 12 cylinder coupe in the ACD Museum is a trunk model and I am curious if all the others in the Directory are trunk models also.

I am interested in hearing from and corresponding with anyone who owns or knows of another Auburn rumble seat coupe.

Kindest regards,
Steve Stevens
812-459-2234
<a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url]