Skip to main content

1929 6-80 sedan rear wheel removal

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
21 Dec 2006 23:08 #5992 by
Hi Eli,

I'm down between Allentown and Reading, so we're not that far away. why don't you think about bringing the Auburn to the Spring Meet. This year we are up in Saratoga Springs, NY. We'd love to see you and the car.

Also, why don't you come down for the Macungie meet. It's the first weekend in August. We usually have 15-20 ACD cars there. If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you a registration form since you have to be pre-registered. This is a good, relaxing show.

Hope to see you at some of the shows this year!

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Elijah
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
21 Dec 2006 12:49 #5989 by Elijah
Replied by Elijah on topic 1929 6-80 sedan rear wheel removal
Jim,I am from scranton,and always am interested in hearing from other members of the ACD club.As a matter of fact when I first discovered this problem I spoke with Mr. Earlin who reccomended that I speak with you,then I promptly lost your phone number.Eli

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
19 Dec 2006 22:20 #5971 by
Hi Elijah,

What part of Pennsylvania are you in?

Jim

• Elijah
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
19 Dec 2006 03:03 #5963 by Elijah
Replied by Elijah on topic 6-80 wheel removal
Randy,thank you for the information and the fast reply.I have read of your exploits in many newsletters and hope to meet you in person someday.My car used to belong to my grandfather,and was his favorite.The man who had it all these years just called last year out of the blue and said it was time for it to come home.I took it to a local

show in Pennsylvania and competed with 400 cars and took home best of show honors.Nothing beats an ACD car!!!Hope to bring it to Auburn meet this year.Again thank you very much,Eli Doloff

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
19 Dec 2006 01:39 #5960 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic 1929 6-80 sedan rear wheel removal
Elijah Remove the hubcap then the cotter key then the nut see if you can find a knocker nut that will screw to your axle nut with the factory nut removed. Lift the opposite ground wheel with a slight bit of pressure on the wheel you are removing,and with the knocker nut tight smack it with fairly heavy object .The key here is pay attention and keep the knocker nut tight so the drum assy will come off its taper.Be careful.Randy Ema

• Elijah
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
18 Dec 2006 20:45 #5951 by Elijah
1929 6-80 sedan rear wheel removal was created by Elijah
I recently bought a1929 6-80 sedan and have a locked up right rear wheel,that I do not know how to remove.is there a manual describing the process,or anyone who can enlighten me? thanks,Eli P.S. I have the wooden spoke wheels