• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
05 May 2005 13:46 #3104 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic ACD Newsletters 1970
Dear Wayne Kennerly

I have all the newsletters, 1953-present. I recall the item you're looking
for but have't been able to locate it. The First article talked about his Auburn and locating it and then another discussed the plating.

We restore many cars with chrome windshield frames. We always have them stripped of any chrome and then examine the metal. We repair any cracks, holes and large pits with the appropriate metal compatable with the base metal. We send it to the plating shop for a heavy coat of acid copper, several thousands thick. We get it back to the shop and file or sand it smooth. We send it back for another layer of copper that the plater should be able to buff out smooth, then go to nickel and chrome. We always try to use a shop that does hexavalent chrome work--not trivalont or the air nickel process.
Stan
Auburn/Cord Parts

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wkennerley
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
21 Apr 2005 09:56 #3063 by wkennerley
ACD Newsletters 1970 was created by wkennerley
Could anyone perhaps help me please. I am after a copy of an article on Auburn and replating an auburn speedster windscreen frame written by Rudi Vanden Berg of the then Rhodesia, I am told it was published in an ACD newsletter in 1970.

Thanks in Advance

Wayne M. Kennerley
London

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.