Skip to main content

35-36 Speedster windshield overview

• pfree3233
  • Registered
More
19 Jul 2022 14:58 #45714 by pfree3233
Replied by pfree3233 on topic 35-36 Speedster windshield overview
Looks like someone is trying to hack into my post:

Hi, I'm currently working on installing my windshield frame from scratch, never attempted but am now and have some questions. How were the bronze castings assembled? Were the side castings butted up to the middle and joined? Welded ? to make the frame one piece than plated? Do the 3 castings stay separate? Chromed individually and then just butted up with something of a cover to go over the gap on either side? I have 3 sets of castings and with them all being rough, each better than the next, but I don't have enough knowledge on this subject. Thanks in advance for your help. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• shutcom
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
19 Jul 2022 10:35 #45713 by shutcom
35-36 Speedster windshield overview was created by shutcom
Hello, I am currently working on introducing a windshield contour without preparation, but I have not tried it, but I am currently receiving some requests. How were bronze castings assembled? Did the side moldings join in the center? welding? Make the case solid, not galvanized? Do the three castings remain discrete? Chromed separately, and then plugged with something like a cover to cross the holes on one or the other? I have three casting cps test arrangements, each one is tough and each is better than the next, but I need more information on the subject. thank you. Congratulate everyone. Pat

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.