Skip to main content

Race car

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
31 Dec 2021 16:44 #44600 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Race car
The key to buying any car is to do your research and make yourself knowledgeable before the purchase. If you have questions about a certain car you will get a more honest response privatly than on a public forum.
CORDially Mike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
30 Dec 2021 21:20 #44595 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Race car
Hi Bruce,
Welcome to the Club and congratulations on you race car. I would love to know the history of the car. Yes bring it to Auburn next year.
On the 812 Phaeton or Cabriolet. There were less cabriolets made and they are more desirable and more expensive. The key on any of the cars is to get one that is properly restored and well sorted out. If they are done right and well sorted out they are a pleasure to drive and reliable as any other old car.
Jim

• Pickypilot
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
30 Dec 2021 14:17 - 30 Dec 2021 14:22 #44590 by Pickypilot
Race car was created by Pickypilot
I've just acquired this beautiful Auburn race car from Argentina. I'm now in the process of learning more of its interesting history.
It's powered by a Lycoming straight 8 with a downdraft carburetor. Most photos I've seen have an updraft carb.

I've also been thinking of bringing "Lily" to the ACD show.

At the same time, I've been looking into getting an 812 phaeton or sportsman. I'm somewhat aware of the finicky transmission so, any advice would be welcomed. There are several advertised on Hemming's that look good. Wondering which one is more desirable, the two or four place car??

Thanking you all in advance and I look forward to being an active member.

Bruce Williams 386-299-7378 [email protected] facebook www.facebook.com/brucenann.williams/
Attachments:
Last edit: 30 Dec 2021 14:22 by Pickypilot. Reason: Minor changes, editing spelling etc.