New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Loss of Power

More
25 May 2021 23:47 #43261 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Loss of Power
Plus 1 for the electric fuel pump. Hide it up under the car on the frame over by the battery.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2021 15:07 - 30 May 2021 15:08 #43268 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Loss of Power
Plus Plus Plus for the electric pump, but low pressure is also a key (or installation of a regulator) - I think on many of the cars I have an Airtex 6 VOLT FUEL PUMP LOW PRESSURE PRIMER PUMP OR FUEL PUMP 2.5psi-4psi

JMM
Last edit: 30 May 2021 15:08 by johnmereness.

• kenswheels
  • kenswheels's Avatar Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
30 May 2021 15:16 #43269 by kenswheels
Replied by kenswheels on topic Loss of Power
Thanks for the feedback.
I do have both a regulator and electric pump. What should the regulator be set at? Currently it is at 3.5.

More
30 May 2021 15:33 #43270 by Curt Schulze
That is just fine. You will want to switch the pump off with the ignition switch,
otherwise , you will forget to turn it off. I run the electric pump thru the original Fuel Pump.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
02 Jun 2021 03:18 #43276 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Loss of Power
Warning, Airtex has not made fuel pumps since 2020. The pumps you see on ebay that say they are airtex 2 to 4.5 lbs are not . The picture they are using on there ads is not what you get. I have ordered one from amazon, not airtex or what is pictured. That was easy to return. The next vender I asked if what I would get was exactly as in the picture and was assured it was. Same pump I got from Amazon except this took me 17 emails and three weeks to get my money back.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

More
02 Jun 2021 12:56 #43284 by Curt Schulze
I have the correct Airtex pumps available they were purchased from a reliable source back in 2017. I have seven Auburns and have Airtex pumps installed on all of them.

Be of Good Cheer
Curt

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds