New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

100 years ago, Tommy Miltons Duesenberg went 150. Where is it now?UPDATE W VIDEO

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
14 Apr 2020 04:12 #39943 by mikespeed35
Mask on only when I'm painting. My kids tell me I should were it to the store!!
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
14 Apr 2020 04:15 #39944 by mikespeed35
Why two tires on the right front and one on the left?
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
14 Apr 2020 04:20 - 14 Apr 2020 04:23 #39945 by Terry Cockerell
I have no idea Jim, maybe the engine was developed with some variations along the way. My guess is that it had a magneto, you can see plug wires in both pictures. I had sent Shannon an article called Front Wheel Drive Dinosaurs but it was not published. Mr Christie was a pioneer in front wheel drive design and application. He invented a power unit to replace horses that was used by fire fighting authorities in America. Attached are some pictures of it.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Apr 2020 04:23 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding pictures

More
14 Apr 2020 13:40 #39949 by rdsieber
Regarding the double tires (on the Christie), it was probably to counteract tremendous understeer on left-turning tracks. The load on that outside corner may have also have required extra rubber to prevent a blowout.
=rds

Time to create page: 0.134 seconds