Duesenberg J-587 Bohman & Schwartz "Throne Car&quot

• West Peterson
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
12 Oct 2006 15:43 #5570 by West Peterson
West Peterson replied the topic: Re: Father Devine Duesenberg

Bill Hummel wrote: I just got back from Las Vegas, and I was at the Imperial Palace Car Collection on Tuesday. The Father Devine Duesenberg was not on display.

Read Randy's post.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Greg Riley
More
13 Oct 2006 03:09 #5572 by Greg Riley
Greg Riley replied the topic:
I'm supposed to go to O'Quinns in a couple of weeks to photograph another car. I'll see if they will let me take a couple of pictures to post.

Greg Riley

• Duesey
  • Duesey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
14 Oct 2006 03:47 #5579 by Duesey
Duesey replied the topic:
My goof on the hubcaps since the car certainly never had them. The wheel-bound part that would fail was, according to Fred Roe in [i:8kkltpoh]Duesenberg: Prsuit of Perfection[/i:8kkltpoh] on page 149, the wheel spokes. The tended to snap under the massive weight of the car. Although, I feel like if the wheel flexed so much that the spokes could snap, maybe it was possible for it to jetison the wheel centers too, but those were probably secured on pretty well.

• Greg Riley
More
02 Nov 2006 23:02 #5700 by Greg Riley
Greg Riley replied the topic:
I had the opportunity to inspect and photograph the Father Devine car today at the O'Quinn collection. It appeared to be in generally very good shape although far from Concours condition. The shop people responsible for moving this behemoth around don't particularly like it due to the extreme bulk.

I was struck with the unbelievable width of the rear track versus the width of the coachwork. It is a very unusual car by any standards.

We had a break-in at our home this week so the only camera I had available was very low quality. I converted the photos to black and white for better contrast and to compensate for the poor lighting.

Greg Riley

• Bill Hummel
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
03 Nov 2006 14:48 #5703 by Bill Hummel
Bill Hummel replied the topic: INFO ABOUT FATHER DEVINE
Here is a link to the WIKIPEDIA entry for Father Devine. I suppose you could modify it to include a picture of his Duesenberg.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Father_Devine

More
05 Nov 2006 12:33 #5724 by 1930 Jordan
1930 Jordan replied the topic:
Will this one need restoration, or are they going to leave it as is ??

1930 Jordan"G" line 90,1953 Plymouth,1951 Chrysler Saratoga,1975 Dart,1974 Schwinn Collgate,1978 Schwinn Continental,1971 Honda 500"4",1973 Honda 350"twin",1975 Honda 500"twin",1955 Norton,1988 Honda Shadow custom,05 crossfire roadster.

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds