70s-80s era Huntingdon Valley/Phila PA Duesenberg ?

• silverghost
  • silverghost's Avatar Topic Author
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
02 Mar 2013 05:20 #24624 by silverghost
silverghost created the topic: 70s-80s era Huntingdon Valley/Phila PA Duesenberg ?
Randy , Chris, ~~or Any ACD club member~

In the 1970s-1980s not far from my home (less than 1/4 mile) in the Huntingdon Valley Pa/Phila area there used to be a car collector on Pine rd & Moredun ave that owned a collection of many great fine autos.
New great collector cars were always appearing and disappearing from this property over those years.

One was a model "J" Duesenberg that I used to see sitting in his garage bay , or on his property ?

I believe it was a large open tourer that was mostly black with a reddish/orange "V" shaped top cowl & belt-line hood trim.
It was a stunning auto indeed!

In the early 70s the owner once told my Dad that it was worth $35,000 at that time!
WOW ! ! !~~~those were the days~~~
Wish I had a time machine !

The house is still basically the same but I no longer see the great Classics & Antique cars sitting in the garage, driveway, or tennis court.
Basically the house looks un-occupied most of the year.

Does any ACD member remember this Huntingdon Valley /Phila Pa area collector; and especially his fantastic restored model "J" Duesenberg ?

What was the past history on this great model "J" Duesenberg ?
Who was it's original owner ?
"J" number ?

Was he, & his model "J", well known in the ACD club ?
I often wonder who he was, and where his very unique & distinctive model "J" is today.
I am sure it is still out there today & very well known in some great collection , or auto museum

Does Anyone know, or remember this large open black
model "J" tourer with it's striking & unique "V" shaped reddish/orange cowl & hood & belt-line trim ?
"J" number ???

Just curious what was it's past original ownership history, "J" number , coachwork history , etc was ?

I would love to see a present day, or older 70s era, photo of this spectacular Duesenberg !

There were at least 2 Model "J" Duesenbergs in my immediate Huntingdon Valley PA area in this 70s-80s time period, as well as a spectacular original cream/off white colored, supercharged late Auburn boat-tailed speedster,
And~~~ also a black Cord 810/812 also located just down the street from this Duesenberg owned at this time period by three seperate ACD club member/owners on the very same Pine road !.

Thank's for any & all information on these great ACD autos I remember well from the 70s ! ! !

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• silverghost
  • silverghost's Avatar Topic Author
More
05 Mar 2013 21:54 #24660 by silverghost
silverghost replied the topic:
I was just told by someone local that one of these local ACD auto owners from the 70s last name might have been McFadden .

Does that last name ring a bell to anyone here in the ACD club ?

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. BRAD HUNTER Huntingdon Valley Pa/Ocean City NJ 215 947 4676 Engineer & RE Developer Brass & Classic Auto, Antique Boat, Mechanical Automatic Music Machine, & Jukebox Collector

More
06 Mar 2013 00:23 #24662 by RandyEma
RandyEma replied the topic:
Keep trying that name does not work. Randy

• Visitor
  • Visitor
06 Mar 2013 00:39 #24663 by
replied the topic:
That name rings a bell, I seem to remember some of our old time members talking about a person with that name.

• JOEL GIVNER
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
06 Mar 2013 02:21 #24665 by JOEL GIVNER
JOEL GIVNER replied the topic:
Jim,
that would probably be Doug McFadden.
Didn't you end up with a lot of his parts which were acquired by Paul Fischer?

He was a mechanic that Paul Fischer relied on. Doug made a fortune off of Paul throughout the years.

Vince Quinn purchased his 1935 Auburn convertible sedan from Doug.

I met Doug McFadden many years after he moved out of Pa and made his home in Ocean City, New Jersey.

JEG

More
06 Mar 2013 03:12 #24672 by RandyEma
RandyEma replied the topic:
Hello Do Any of these names sound familar. C. Amsley or R Beshore F .Brenneman Tiny Gould, ?????? any sound familar. Randy

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds