Arizona auction results?

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
26 Jan 2012 21:45 #22036 by Chris Summers
Chris Summers replied the topic:
Must every thread on here about auction sales turn into a harangue about auction company practices? :rolleyes:

As Randy clarified elsewhere on the forum, the present blower on J-284 / 2310 is a recreation. The car at one point did have an original blower installed but no longer.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
Chandler-Cleveland Motor Club
CCCA

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Jan 2012 12:45 #22040 by alsancle
alsancle replied the topic:

Chris Summers wrote: Must every thread on here about auction sales turn into a harangue about auction company practices? :rolleyes:

As Randy clarified elsewhere on the forum, the present blower on J-284 / 2310 is a recreation. The car at one point did have an original blower installed but no longer.

Now I'm really confused about that sale price.

Engine swaps have a differing effect on price depending on make. It is a killer in the musclecar world. With Duesenberg I never thought it was a huge deal as the engine number is not on the block it but certainly does impact the price to some extent.

More
27 Jan 2012 16:33 #22042 by Mike Brady
Mike Brady replied the topic:
There are similar threads on the AACA site. Don't hurt yourself trying to find the logic or reasoning in each sale price......it's just not there in many examples.

• Bob Roller
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
27 Jan 2012 20:30 #22046 by Bob Roller
Bob Roller replied the topic: Twice the going rate??
It proves that P.T.Barnum was right. That being said,the LeBaron phaeton J487 is the first one I ever worked on and it was a derelict in 1951.That was when I met Raydon R.(Don)Thompson and Jack Irwin. Once it was running,we drove it around as a chassis sort of like a king size hot rod and finally put the body back on the frame along with the fenders. Thompson sold it to T.H.Blash in Cumberland,Md as is or as was for $2500 in silver backed currency. He also had a Willoughby sedan.J467 which would run but the drive shaft was stripped and I did most of the parting out on it. Harry Schulzinger bought the remainder and where it went afterward,I don't know.
Don Thompson died in December of 2009 and I have no idea if Jack Irwin is still alive or not. It seems like yesterday that all this took place.I was 16 and am now looking into the muzzle of 76. Time staggers on.

Bob Roller

Bob Roller

More
28 Jan 2012 00:42 #22048 by Joel
Joel replied the topic:
I'm not particulary surprised by the 2.6 mil sale on the Murphy CC. The really good Murphy Convertible Coupes bring bucks.

Look at J395/2414, Murphy DT CC: 2.64 mil with no blower.

J279/2301 Murphy DT CC no blower Sold with an asking price of 2.5 mil

The way the value of our currency is being erroded, those who have money are looking for a solid hedge against inflation. What better place to put it than a top quality, no excuses Duesenberg? 20 years from now that will seem cheap.

Joel Nystrom
1929 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Coupe

More
28 Jan 2012 20:15 #22058 by landmark
landmark replied the topic:
Hello,

the highest bid for the Willoughby Limousine J-306 / 2402, ex-J-383 @Mecum-auction Kissimmee, FL was $ 325000. Not sold yet.

Matt

Was man besonders gerne tut,
ist selten ganz besonders gut

Wilhelm Busch

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds