Tow Trucks.

More
08 Dec 2013 22:46 #26433 by landmark
landmark replied the topic:

Chris Summers wrote: I think it's J-237 but can't recall off the top of my head.

Thank you Chris!

Looks possible, but I have not found the pick-up truck photo on the curtright site. Do you know any source where to find some pictures of Model J truck conversions?

Cheers

Matt

Was man besonders gerne tut,
ist selten ganz besonders gut

Wilhelm Busch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
08 Dec 2013 23:09 #26434 by Chris Summers
Chris Summers replied the topic:
Sorry, that's the only one I know of.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
Chandler-Cleveland Motor Club
CCCA

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

More
09 Dec 2013 01:59 #26436 by Steve Derus
Steve Derus replied the topic:
The truck photo I have is associated to 2370/J350. That chassis apparently now has the body from J237 which would correlate with the post from Chris.

I don't know why Jack Curtright's site no longer has the photo but I'm pretty sure that's where I discovered it.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
09 Dec 2013 02:00 #26437 by Chris Summers
Chris Summers replied the topic:
Hi Steve,

The truck in the photo is J-350, not J-237. I just got the two chassis swapped around. Thanks.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
Chandler-Cleveland Motor Club
CCCA

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

More
09 Dec 2013 06:32 #26438 by Joel
Joel replied the topic: Re: truck

landmark wrote:
...I just "fall over" this older posting. Do you know where do you find that picture at the Curtright website/ to which car (J-number) that picture belongs?

As I read in an old road & track article, J-132 was at a time used as a pick-up truck on a farm, until Homer Fitterling purchased the car and equiped the chassis with a Murphy CC body he had "in stock". Is that maybe the car on the picture?

I know that a forum-member is today the proud owner and driver of that Murphy CC, maybe he owns some photos of the "pick-up time" of his car and like to share them...

Cheers

Matt

J-132 was never actually made into a truck. In the time that I spent with Keith and Gerri Brown, I learned that the Road and Track article has several innacuracies. Paul S. Johnson, a Chicago-area plumber did remove the rear portion of the original Derham sedan body, planning to build a truck on it's 17,000 original mile chassis. He never completed the conversion, however, and eventually sold the car to Keith Brown of LaPorte, Indiana in October of 1957. It was Keith who mounted the Murpy CC body and sold the car to his friend Homer Fitterling.

Joel Nystrom
1929 Duesenberg Model J Murphy Convertible Coupe

More
09 Dec 2013 09:19 #26439 by landmark
landmark replied the topic:

Steve Derus wrote: The truck photo I have is associated to 2370/J350. That chassis apparently now has the body from J237 which would correlate with the post from Chris.

I don't know why Jack Curtright's site no longer has the photo but I'm pretty sure that's where I discovered it.

Hello Steve,

thank you for the advice, now I found the Pick-up Truck photo on the Curtright-Site attached to his data-collection about J-350.

Here it is: http://www.duesey2208.com/Datasheets/Mo ... rm2370.htm

Cheers

Matt

Was man besonders gerne tut,
ist selten ganz besonders gut

Wilhelm Busch

Moderators: Joe Holderman
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds