New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Where is this Rollston J limousine?

More
03 Apr 2019 17:55 #36936 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Where is this Rollston J limousine?
RE" Do not forget it has Henny HEARSE FENDERS AND SIDE MOUNT ARMS . AND MORE. R"

That would be why I say there is something wrong with the placement of the headlight bar in relation to the grill and ... and everyone tells then tell me I am imagining things (which apparently I am not imagining).

All said though, not many sedans have potential to be truly stunning on the show field and this sedan does stand a chance if someone is willing to write large checks.

JMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
04 Apr 2019 05:31 - 04 Apr 2019 05:32 #36938 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Where is this Rollston J limousine?
Apparently there are people willing to write that check. It has a nice L-29 Cord carb. too.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman
Last edit: 04 Apr 2019 05:32 by mikespeed35.

More
04 Apr 2019 14:53 #36942 by RandyEma
Replied by RandyEma on topic Where is this Rollston J limousine?
Mike you think that is a 1.1/4 schebler carb versus the Duesenberg 1.1/2.r

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
05 Apr 2019 01:52 - 05 Apr 2019 01:54 #36948 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Where is this Rollston J limousine?
Zoom the picture and it looks like it says 1 1/4 to me. Of course I'm much older than you and can't see anything unless it is worth looking at. I'm going to the auction and am willing to put a bid in for you!
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman
Last edit: 05 Apr 2019 01:54 by mikespeed35.

More
05 Apr 2019 15:25 - 05 Apr 2019 15:42 #36957 by johnmereness
Hard to see the photo, but I would say carb says 1 1/2 - which would make it the proper carb, Which hopefully it has a 1 1/2 as references as it sounds "fun" to find a right carb. and the problem with a wrong carb is that it will idle, but will have problems in the power ranges.

JMM
Last edit: 05 Apr 2019 15:42 by johnmereness.

More
05 Apr 2019 15:30 #36958 by johnmereness
I love a good Club Sedan and hope this car does find deep pockets. It is really a shame that someone has not been hunting parts for this car for the past 24 years (1995), since sold via Ed Weaver sale - lots of lost opportunities.

JMM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds