New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new membership system called Membee. All ACD Club Members will be receiving an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.
This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Help determining a reasonable value for an L-29 Sedan

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
10 Jan 2020 05:36 #39222 by mikespeed35
The car looks pretty complete and not many unauthentic parts from what the pictures show. It is probably a early car with no lighter , map light, bosses taped in engine compartment for battery tray and four bladed fan. The prices of old car in general are down including L-29 Cords. A couple Cab. have sold lately for in the 75K area although they needed some work. Your idea of 55K to 65K is probably in the ball park. Remember do your research, this is just one persons opinion.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2020 19:14 - 11 Jan 2020 19:14 #39246 by johnmereness
I would say your 55 - 65K realistic and if you spend the proper time to research, photograph, and accurately describe then perhaps more (but probably not over that 75K mark that Mike references). The mexico location will be an issue for many people (as would any location outside of the United States) and people here expect a discount for such. Also, you certainly could clean up car more and try to auction if through one of the auction houses that caters to 30' cars (not one that specializes in Muscle cars or ... - this week has proven to be a "not good" for cars 30's cars being sold via wrong venue). I would say via such as significantcars.com that it would not stay around too long as realistically priced ones seem to find buyers quickly.

JMM
Last edit: 11 Jan 2020 19:14 by johnmereness.

More
12 Jan 2020 18:59 - 12 Jan 2020 18:59 #39258 by johnmereness
If you have time, please post more detailed interior photos. I would say carpets have been replaced, but either interior is original or someone replaced portions of side panels (seats look original) and integrated back in the original cording - very nice though any way about it.

JMM
Last edit: 12 Jan 2020 18:59 by johnmereness.

• 8-100 A Cabrio
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
16 Jan 2020 20:02 #39293 by 8-100 A Cabrio
Replied by 8-100 A Cabrio on topic Help determining a reasonable value for an L-29 Sedan
Thank you guys. I appreciate the input. I was waiting for some more ideas on price, before calling my friend and seeing what he thinks. I do have some more interior pics that I will be posting. I will ask him if he has no trouble in me sharing the chassis number.
Thanks again,
Victor
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

• 8-100 A Cabrio
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
16 Jan 2020 20:06 - 16 Jan 2020 20:07 #39294 by 8-100 A Cabrio
Replied by 8-100 A Cabrio on topic Help determining a reasonable value for an L-29 Sedan
Interior pics.... these are all I have and I probably shared some of them earlier.

Last edit: 16 Jan 2020 20:07 by 8-100 A Cabrio.
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnmereness

• 8-100 A Cabrio
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
16 Jan 2020 20:26 #39295 by 8-100 A Cabrio
Dashboard pics, again, some already posted...

Time to create page: 0.345 seconds